"Nara" Top 5 Page for this destination Nara by vic&michael
Nara Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 84 photos
Nara is a small city in Japan. I live about 30 minutes away by train.
My Impressions of Nara:
Peaceful, quaint, romantic, full of history and many World Heritage Sites. Nara Koen (Nara Park) which contains Todai-ji Temple is the most popular place to visit. The park is large, with many trees. You can do a walking tour through the park. There are about 1200 deer that live in the park, and they are really tame. It is such a surprise to see them just standing there by the souvinear stalls, waiting for tourists to feed them! Todai-ji temple is the largest wooden structure in the world, and contains a buddha that is one of the largest bronze statues in the world.
You can get tourist information near Nara train Station. There are maps of Nara, walking tours, or volunteer guides who speak English. I think you may have to book the guides in advance.
'Hanami' was last weekend (09-10 April 2005). 'Hanami' is when the Japanese people flock to various parks and sit under the blooming cherry trees and have a picnic, usually with large quantities of liquor involved...
In Nara, there were so many young families out for a relaxed family picnic. The weather was beautiful and Michael got sunburned! A great change from the freezing winter a couple of weeks ago!
This was our view when we had a picnic in Nara. Beautiful huh?
Spring is a sensational event in Japan. The cherry blossoms really are beautiful. Maruyama Park in Kyoto is the most... more travel advice
My favorite experience in Nara was seeing the deer in the park. They just walk around free, there are no barriers, but... more travel advice
vic&michael's Related Pages
Nara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Watch Out......Its Deer"
- "huesten's new Nara page"
- "garibaldi's new Nara Page"
- "Nara --- Somewhere in TIME"
- "Nara - town of temples!"
- "HIROKO333's new Nara Page"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Nara
- 5 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Nara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nara
Photos in NaraSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Kyoto Intro, 29 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 28 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Osaka Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nara Intro, 5 reviews, 28 photos, 4 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 10 reviews, 19 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos
- Phuket Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hiroshima Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Malapascua Island Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Nagano Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue