"Still the best beach I've seen" Boracay Island by Rastarigo
Boracay Island Travel Guide: 1,619 reviews and 4,460 photos
Hi I just came back from my trip to Boracay. Everyone sneered on me for my dark color but I startled them with my henna tattoo on my right arm, an image of Bob Marley with his famous dreadlock rasta look. I love wearing this tattoo because everyone noticed me as if I am an eye-catcher, a headturner in an instant.
Boracay...The most sought-after beach in the Philippines. The softest beach in the Philippines. The craziest beach life in the Philippines. The rowdiest place to party with the local stars.
I just came back from Boracay. Once again, I've confirmed to myself that Boracay has the softest powdery white sand my feet ever tread on. It's as if all the most exquisite white sand in the Philippines have gathered on the shores of Boracay making other local beaches less spectacular.
Boracay is a damn good place... a perfect combination of glorious white beach and active social scene. I terribly miss southern Thailand... the beaches, full-moon parties but Boracay characterizes similar hedonistic pursuits and pure indulgence, an outstanding copycat of Thailand's much celebrated beaches, that's why when I miss Thailand, I'd rather hie off to Boracay which to me had it been located in Thailand could've easily romped away with the title being the most raved island, a runaway winner for that fabled white sand lapping on its shores.
Can't get enough now... Sorry gotta go catch the last flight out.
1. August 1999............Red Coconut (Highlight: my first time in Bora so it’s historical, I was with my Japanese college friends)
2. Dec.- Jan. '03...........Club Panoly (Highlight: tried the infamous Cocomangas challenge drinks, not me but my friends, they puked on the plane back to Manila haha)
3. Dec.- Jan. '05...........Little Mario (Highlight: I met stunning Cindy Kurleto and had photo with her, the best New Year countdown I ever had, Brownman Revival reggae party on the beach, memorable!)
4. Dec.- Jan. '06...........Faith Retreat Center Faith Retreat Center (Highlight: spotted Cindy Kurleto again!)
5. April 2006................Little Mario (Highlight: craziness of Bora when it’s Holy Week, almost failed to return to Manila)
6. Oct 2008.................Little Mario (Highlight: near-death experience and it was my birthday!)
7. Aug 2013................TBA
1. Punta Bunga...home of Club Panoly
2. Bulabog...wild and windy
3. Diniwid...resort perched on cliff
4. Puka...facing Carabao Island
5. Banyugan...secluded lovely beach
6. Ilig-iligan...big blue waves
7. Balinghai...more of cliff than beach
8. I gotta check out the others
No place could beat Boracay on the night of Dec. 31 till the sun rises on Jan. 1. There was an outflow of parties, concerts and other spectacle on the stretch of the magnificient White Beach. I made the right choice when I insisted holing up myself in the premises of Summer Place. It was just a superb experience to be in a place blasting with reggae music. Everyone was in the groove to hit it off with the great bands performing in their best shot.
New Year in Boracay rocks. That was the best new year I ever had in my life. A blasting music and spectacular firework display right on the beach. The beach was so abuzz with all the action. Non-stop dancing, singing, screaming, boozing and buzzing on one of the world's most beautiful beaches!
- Pros:sand texture is the best in the world
- Cons:the shoreline is cluttered with boats
- In a nutshell:don't miss it
Scouring beaches! I discovered one pretty beach when we were billeted at Club Panoly Resort. Walk to the rightmost end... more travel advice
A feel of privacy because Diniwid is hidden from White Beach by a cliff. more travel advice
Rastarigo's Related Pages
Boracay Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Island Life"
- "Mabuhay, Welcome to Boracay!"
- "Yielding To The Call Of The Islands"
- "Boracay Barefootin'"
- "Paradise in my backyard"
- "My longest VT meet"
- "Honeymoon in Boracay.."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boracay Island
- Hotels in Boracay Island
- Transportation in Boracay Island
- Nightlife in Boracay Island
- Restaurants in Boracay Island
- Shopping in Boracay Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Boracay Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boracay Island
- 8 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Boracay Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boracay Island
Photos in Boracay IslandSee All Photos (67)
Top 10 Pages
- Davao City Intro, 10 reviews, 102 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malapascua Island Intro, 14 reviews, 78 photos, 6 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 8 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Ko Kut Intro, 1 review, 70 photos, 9 travelogues
- Province of Bohol Intro, 8 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 12 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Coron Island Intro, 6 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yogyakarta Intro, 23 reviews, 37 photos
- Province of Palawan Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (32)
Latest Boracay Island hotel reviews
- La Carmela de Boracay
- 301 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Boracay Courtyard Beach Resort
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 10, 2013
- Tans Guesthouse
- 77 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Pearl of the Pacific Boracay Resort & Spa
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Fairways & Bluewater
- 176 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 11, 2013
- White Beach de Boracay Resort
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Waling Waling Beach Resort
- 88 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Best Western Boracay Tropics Resort
- 171 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Island Nook
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2013
- Hey! Jude Resort
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Fridays Boracay
- 240 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- Red Coconut Hotel
- 201 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Club Ten Beach Resort
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Discovery Shores Boracay
- 323 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 7, 2013
- Isla Gecko Resort
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2013