"Take me to BLACK ISLAND" Malajon Island by Rastarigo

Malajon Island Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 25 photos

BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL

folks, if you remember i wrote before that my goal is to set foot on black island. well i am happy to tell you that it's a mission accomplished by now. let it be written in the annals of history that rastarigo made a historic landing on one of the most beautiful islands that graced the planet on a sunny saturday march 22, 2008. oh it's on the edge of the world, going there is not that easy. you have to sail hours and hours away from civilization. this is exactly what my island is. light-years away from the modern world. detached from all forms of communication. highly inaccessible territory. you have to get past through the bandits. you have to brave the sharks infesting its waters. you'll never get here unless you pack lots of guts with you. i'm telling you.
true to what it is like whatever that is, it is a world on its own abandoned in the middle of the sea. left untouched by unnecessary development. it is the last island left unexploited by hollywood. it is unbelievably a perfect movie setting it must be fake. we arrived in a seemingly lost world with no human in sight. the high sand dunes where i tried rolling over as if i were on a mountain slope tell me that the waves crashing on the beach are fierce when it's high tide the other night. the never been scaled towering marble cliffs are black as carbon. the never been commercialized coconut trees rising on the beach simply added to the paradisiacal imagery i'm so fond of painting for myself. and that image is fast turning into reality before my very eyes you have no idea how gobsmacked i was. i reckoned i'm enveloped in a cloak of mystery as i turned around 360 degrees- looking at the vertical thick walls and the deep blue sea. when we happened to hear some strange noise, we moved closer to where it is only to discover a wild bird attempting to build a nest out of the sand. sorry for driving you away. i'm certain you will be back to finish it. the illusion of our brief territorial jurisdiction over the island vanished when i saw a gang of bandits resting near the cave. i want to be one of them. i would sell my grandmother for a buck to buy me freedom like what they have. gawd i wouldn't have second thoughts joining them, pack up and leave my social responsibilities behind and head out to the last paradise on earth. i'll bring nothing with me that would remind me of the modern world outside except my guitar and a bag of spliff hahaha. all in all it really was paradise. damn i die imagining all of it. pardon my insanity because i am now.

Watch us arriving in the shores of Black Island or as we explore the beauty of Black Island .

• Last visit to Malajon Island: Mar 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 11, 2009

Rastarigo Used To Live Here!

Rastarigo

“I'm already there”

Badges & Stats in Malajon Island

Have you been to Malajon Island?

Latest Activity in Malajon Island