"Thresher Sharks & The Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Malapascua Island by Rastarigo
Malapascua Island Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 385 photos
i woke up to theo's calling at 5am. i quickly rose from the bamboo bench my humble bed for the night and checked on the alarm clock only to find out it's not working. the hand is stuck at 2am. bummer. "i really appreciate that. how did you know i have to wake up this early?" "i knew you're gonna dive this early today so i woke you up. i'm used to waking up this early though. i'm off to the beach now to jog". see the long journey has drained so much of our energy, we couldn't be bothered to dine out last night with the rain pouring and wind blowing hard outside so we just had to content ourselves with what we brought from manila like chocolates, biscuits and junk foods. it was already cold the electric fan had to be turned off and everyone hit the sack before long. i wore my socks and covered myself from head to toe using improvised blankets. i woke up once and when i checked on the alarm clock, it was still 2am so i slept again.
i could have missed the early morning dive had nobody nudged me out of bed. it's either i'm going to sleep my ass off till 6:30 (the usual time i wake up every morning for work) or wake up ahead of the alarm clock which i set at 5am. although we slept as early as 9 last night, waking up at 5am is still a tough job. like everyone in the group, im knackered to the bone from enduring an overnight bus that lasted 3 hrs sitting upright when we should have been lying on bed at that hour of the day. to make it worse, i hardly have enough sleep (3 hrs. only to be exact) the night before that, ugh excitement is killing me. i finally fell asleep when the bus arrived in maya at 4 in the morning. i can hear the wind and drizzle outside the bus which set the mood for catching up on our sleep amidst the darkness of sleeping maya. where did i sleep? on the bus seat, my body tossed over two seats, the upper half on where i was seated all the away from cebu to maya and the lower half stretched to the opposite seat.
miss out on the dive? not really. i expect someone would barge into my room if im still non-existent. i expect someone would go berserk with me missing in action. like emie. we're both excited about this dive- a chance to see thresher sharks. the one we used to watch in youtube will finally come alive right before our very eyes. as theo readies for the morning jog,
(continued on my Bounty Beach travelogue)
earliest boat to Malapascua leaves Maya 9:30am (leaves when full, in our case we left earlier than 9:30) earliest boat... more travel advice
Malapascua is the only place in the world where the magnificent thresher sharks can easily be seen on a daily basis, so... more travel advice
Rastarigo's Related Pages
Malapascua Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DIVER'S PARADISE!"
- "Thresher shark@Malapascua"
- "Thresher Sharks & The Beach"
- "Mapalapascua - you'll love it!"
- "Malapasua Island"
- "Malapascua Island: quiet, authentic little island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malapascua Island
- Hotels in Malapascua Island
- Transportation in Malapascua Island
- Nightlife in Malapascua Island
- Restaurants in Malapascua Island
- Shopping in Malapascua Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Malapascua Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malapascua Island
- 14 Reviews
- 78 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Malapascua Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malapascua Island
- Posted in Travel Bohol Forum "Re: How days for Bohol and side..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mandarin Fish"
- created a Malapascua Island Travelogue "Mandarin Fish"
- Wrote a Review don't grope in the dark, bring flashlight! in Malapascua Island What to Pack
- Commented on one of sweet_sentiments's Malapascua Island travel pages
Photos in Malapascua IslandSee All Photos (78)
Top 10 Pages
- Davao City Intro, 10 reviews, 102 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malapascua Island Intro, 14 reviews, 78 photos, 6 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 8 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Ko Kut Intro, 1 review, 70 photos, 9 travelogues
- Province of Bohol Intro, 8 reviews, 59 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 12 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Coron Island Intro, 6 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yogyakarta Intro, 23 reviews, 37 photos
- Province of Palawan Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues