"On the Heels of Hills" Sagbayan by Rastarigo

Sagbayan Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 48 photos

Never Seen Photos of Chocolate Hills

Bohol's Chocolate Hills is an amazingly unique spectacle on earth. Counting at 1,261 all in all, these hills are scattered over the towns of Sagbayan, Carmen and Batuan in interior Bohol. I will keep on updating this page with photos of the hills as captured from different angles, photos that you have never seen anywhere else before. As this page is dedicated to the town of Sagbayan, I will only post pictures here of hills exclusively found in Sagbayan.

anecdote

when i'm home i always take time to visit the chocolate hills because it's one of a kind in the whole wide world. seeing them in one single angle all the time kinda bores me so in each visit i always try to see them in a different angle by climbing another hill other than the established one (developed hill w/ viewing decks). this burning fervor brought me to a hill in sagbayan where i took the above photos. i bet you haven't seen this particular shot either in postcard or random travel photos. exactly. i invested buckets of sweat and tons of energy just to find this set of hills. we took a motorcycle from sagbayan town proper to a distant village. tripped and plodded through muddy trails. sought refuge in a nipa hut when rain poured. removed slippers and walked barefoot on rice paddies to ensure safety. then the ascent to the hill began wandering about on a tricky trail all covered in cogon grass to the top. shortly strong winds scared the *** in us as we struggled to reach the top holding onto the cogon grass. surroundings grew dark as the rainshowers started to set in. we were almost in the top but the trail has gotten steepier and windier which compelled us to retreat and be satisfied with our current altitude. i focused so much on the ascent that i totally forgot to look down and watch the surrounding views and when i turned my head, wow i was gobsmacked. we were surrounded by hills as what you can see in the photos. click and click and click until the rain and wind blew us back to where we left.

• Last visit to Sagbayan: Feb 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 8, 2009

Comments

Rastarigo

“I'm already there”

Badges & Stats in Sagbayan

Have you been to Sagbayan?

Latest Activity in Sagbayan