Yogyakarta Local Custom Tips by Rastarigo
Yogyakarta Local Customs: 25 reviews and 38 photos
squat-eating in a lesehan, warung or sipping your ice-cold street beverage, one local or a group will serenade you, from local folk tunes to beatle hits for some rupiah. they unhesitatingly warble out a tune right in front of you a cappella or in the accompaniment of native musical instruments. some are really good they have perfected the art of serenading. well it is a subtle way of begging. at least they make an effort, rather than just sticking their empty palms for alms.
More Reviews (22)
- See All flash flash flashlight
- See All authorized money changer
- See All gudeg wijilan
- See All batik scam
Rastarigo's Related Pages
Yogyakarta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Royal Capital of Indonesia"
- "The cultural authentic heart of Java!"
- "Wonderful people, beautiful city"
- "::Sugeng Rawuh ing Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat::"
- "Imogiri, a Gateway to Heaven"
- "A Weekend in Jogja"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yogyakarta
- Hotels in Yogyakarta
- Transportation in Yogyakarta
- Nightlife in Yogyakarta
- Restaurants in Yogyakarta
- Shopping in Yogyakarta
- Warnings and Dangers in Yogyakarta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yogyakarta
- 23 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Yogyakarta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yogyakarta
Photos in YogyakartaSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Davao City Intro, 10 reviews, 102 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malapascua Island Intro, 14 reviews, 78 photos, 6 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 8 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Ko Kut Intro, 1 review, 70 photos, 9 travelogues
- Province of Bohol Intro, 8 reviews, 59 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 12 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Coron Island Intro, 6 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yogyakarta Intro, 23 reviews, 37 photos
- Province of Palawan Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues