"Sadness in Phnom Penh" Phnom Penh by Rastarigo
Phnom Penh Travel Guide: 1,453 reviews and 3,811 photos
It's a loooong trip from Bangkok to Phnom Pehn, worth 1,200THB. Left Bangkok, Thailand at 8AM and reached Phnom Penh after 15 hrs. We boarded a van at Khao San Road, reached Aranyaprathet border around lunch time, went through the immigration procedures and voila I'm in Cambodia! Changed transport at Poipet border. The bus left Poipet at 3PM and stopped at Battambang (6PM) and Pursat (9PM) before arriving Phnom Pehn (11PM).
Stayed at Nomads hostel, which we pre-booked online at Tigerairways website.
*Tuol Sleng S21 Genocide Museum- a very sad day in Phnom Penh. This place is a reminder of a grim past under Pol Pot regime. Pictures of cadaver, actual tools used for torture, pile of skulls of unfortunate victims, abandoned rooms, the faces of children victims, it's just shocking how can humans do this to humans. Moving from room to room, it's just creepy knowing how terrible things had been... that even prisoners would want to commit suicide than go through the ordeal. Barbed wires are in place because prisoners would choose to jump off the building and receive instantaneous death than having to deal with excruciating pain of having their nails pulled out, or throats slit, or hanged upside down with the face dipped in filthy water. Cutthroat ruthless regime!
*My first fish spa! My feet must be dirtier than garbage, the fishes swarmed my feet as soon as I dipped it lol. I was tickled and got used to little mouths biting on my skin for a taste of my dead skin cells lol. Not bad for 3USD (30mins) with free bottled drink of your choice.
*We're supposed to be picked up from our hostel at 6:30AM but nobody came and it's 15 mins only left before the bus leaves for Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam at 7AM. We hailed a tuktuk and boarded. One block away and suddenly I realized my knapsack that contains my passport and money is not with me. I stopped the tuktuk driver and ordered him to pull back. Thanks Lord, the little bag that is my life is still there. Fuming Shintarojon complained upon arriving at the terminal and the desk lady reasoned the pickup went to a different hostel lol. Issues like this come unexpectedly in any travel but I didn't want to be bothered or stressed out. I just want to enjoy the day and look forward to going to Vietnam.
Rastarigo's Related Pages
Phnom Penh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pardon Phnom Penh"
- "A City of Contrasts"
- "Phnom Penh Cambodia"
- "Phnom Penh"
- "Kingdom of Cambodia's Capitol City"
- "Images of Phnom Penh"
- "A stop on the way"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phnom Penh
- Hotels in Phnom Penh
- Transportation in Phnom Penh
- Nightlife in Phnom Penh
- Restaurants in Phnom Penh
- Shopping in Phnom Penh
- Warnings and Dangers in Phnom Penh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phnom Penh
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Phnom Penh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phnom Penh
Top 10 Pages
- Davao City Intro, 10 reviews, 102 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Malapascua Island Intro, 14 reviews, 78 photos, 6 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 89 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 8 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- Ko Kut Intro, 1 review, 70 photos, 9 travelogues
- Province of Bohol Intro, 8 reviews, 59 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 12 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Coron Island Intro, 6 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yogyakarta Intro, 23 reviews, 37 photos
- Province of Palawan Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues