""Working" in Connecticut - 2006" Farmington by TJS1

Farmington Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 22 photos

My Home for 3 weeks

Good old Rolls-Royce sent me to Farmington to expedite delivery of some urgent parts. Silly me got the job done in just 3 weeks!

This area of New England is a very pleasant place to live and work. Situated mid-way between New York & Boston it is just so full of trees!!

Day trip to Mystic

Not far from Farmington is Mystic Seaport, which is well worth a visit for a pleasant day out. Mystic is situated just off route 95, on this road I visited 2 large shopping outlet Malls. Each had major designer brands and I went a little overboard as prices were well below those paid in the UK. When you also consider that state tax is only 6% (Zero in timberland) it means many bargains.

Onward to Boston

My buddy Geoff talked me into visiting Boston with him - he so wanted to show me where he had lived when working in Boston.
That over we spent a pleasant afternoon on the waterfront. Watched an England game, had a meal and a couple of beers.
We then visited the site of the Boston tea party museum ship that sadly burnt out before returning to the car for our drive home.

• Pros:Beautiful contryside, laid back, great eateries and bars.
  • Cons:I see the best in everything!
  • In a nutshell:New England for a laid back life
  • Last visit to Farmington: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 24, 2008

Comments

TJS1

“Do it before it's too late”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Farmington

Have you been to Farmington?

Latest Activity in Farmington