""Working" in Connecticut - 2006" Farmington by TJS1
Farmington Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 22 photos
Good old Rolls-Royce sent me to Farmington to expedite delivery of some urgent parts. Silly me got the job done in just 3 weeks!
This area of New England is a very pleasant place to live and work. Situated mid-way between New York & Boston it is just so full of trees!!
Not far from Farmington is Mystic Seaport, which is well worth a visit for a pleasant day out. Mystic is situated just off route 95, on this road I visited 2 large shopping outlet Malls. Each had major designer brands and I went a little overboard as prices were well below those paid in the UK. When you also consider that state tax is only 6% (Zero in timberland) it means many bargains.
My buddy Geoff talked me into visiting Boston with him - he so wanted to show me where he had lived when working in Boston.
That over we spent a pleasant afternoon on the waterfront. Watched an England game, had a meal and a couple of beers.
We then visited the site of the Boston tea party museum ship that sadly burnt out before returning to the car for our drive home.
- Pros:Beautiful contryside, laid back, great eateries and bars.
- Cons:I see the best in everything!
- In a nutshell:New England for a laid back life
TJS1's Related Pages
Farmington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Established in 1645"
- "Farmville, Connecticut"
- "Historic Farmington Connecticut"
- ""Working" in Connecticut - 2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Farmington
- Hotels in Farmington
- Transportation in Farmington
- Shopping in Farmington
- Warnings and Dangers in Farmington
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Farmington
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Farmington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Farmington
Photos in FarmingtonSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Mauritius Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Portugal Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Farmington Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Scarborough Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 photos
- Toronto Intro, 3 photos
- Bristol Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Farmington hotel reviews
- Hartford Marriott Farmington
- 159 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013