"lovely small islands" São Tomé and Príncipe by jorgejuansanchez
São Tomé and Príncipe Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 136 photos
Sao Tome and Principe is one of these small and lovely countries rarely visited such as Bhutan, Brunei, Palau, or Robinson Crusoe Island in Chile.
I spent there a whole week because of the regularity of my airline.
I had the intention to visit Principe Island, but the week I spent in Sao Tome was so pleasant , with so many nice people to talk with and lots of beautiful things to see, that simply I forgot!
It is not easy to get there. The only direct flight from Europe is from Lisbon, by the Luxor airlines.
There are regular flights from Luanda and from Gabon, and that was all in 2003.
But Sao Tome is a very pleasant and safe island. Just observe the fish market every morning, or go to the south to wacth whales, or climb the peak Sao Tome (about 2000 metres high).
I tried to go around the island, but the road is not yet finished.
The people are naive and all they are very religious. Go to the church on sunday and you will listen with which devotion they sing.
There are many portuguese nationals living there, so no problem to find good Madeira or Oporto wines. Maybe to buy milk is difficult, but not wine or beer.
I bought this stamp in Sao Tome.
- Pros:you feel that you have visited a special place
jorgejuansanchez's Related Pages
São Tomé and Príncipe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "São Tomé and Príncipe"
- "ubiq Sao Tome & Principe"
- "kimmo_v's new Sao Tome&Principe Page"
- "lovely small islands"
- "Normb74's new Sao Tome&Principe Page"
- "Just the perfect place"
- "art-ur's new Sao Tome&Principe Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in São Tomé and Príncipe
- Hotels in São Tomé and Príncipe
- Transportation in São Tomé and Príncipe
- Restaurants in São Tomé and Príncipe
- Warnings and Dangers in São Tomé and Príncipe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in São Tomé and Príncipe
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (106)
Have you been to São Tomé and Príncipe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in São Tomé and Príncipe
Top 10 Pages
- Madrid Intro, 35 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 74 reviews, 2 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tristan da Cunha Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos
- Dahuk Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yanrakynnot Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos
- Socotra Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos
- Gyumri Intro, 14 reviews, 36 photos
- Tiksi Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mrauk-oo Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos