"Ogasawara archipelago" Chichi-jima by jorgejuansanchez
Chichi-jima Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 21 photos
It takes 25 hours the boat journey from Tokyo to Chichi Jima. There are no airports.
The boat ticket is expensive, about 45.000 Yens round trip.
On board everything is more expensive than in Tokyo, for instance, food and drinks.
It is worth to visit Chichi Jima.
The minimum stay in Ogasawara will be 3 days and 3 nights. You will sleep on the floor, together with one hundred japanese. Showers are for free.
In the island there is a cheap internet and many small restaurants. The cheapest is the chinese one, where for about 700 Yens you will get a noodle soup with some vegetables.
On Sundays there are Mass services in teh Catholic Church. The Father is half Japanese and half Portuguese. Most people in Ogasawara are a mixture of Japanese and Americans or Europeans.
Hotels, I was told, are expensive in Chichi Jima. There is a Youth hostel.
But I slept in my "hotel", free of charge, by the beach. See picture.
By the way, camping is prohibited in Ogasawara (Chichi Jima and Haha Jima)
The archipelago was discovered by the Spanish navigator Villalobos, in 1543.
jorgejuansanchez's Related Pages
Chichi-jima Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Chichi-jima
- Hotels in Chichi-jima
- Transportation in Chichi-jima
- Restaurants in Chichi-jima
- Shopping in Chichi-jima
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Chichi-jima
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Chichi-jima?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chichi-jima
Photos in Chichi-jimaSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 72 reviews, 2 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 3 photos
- Madrid Intro, 22 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Castilla y León Intro, 24 reviews, 1 photo
- Catalunya Intro, 21 reviews, 3 photos
- India Intro, 21 reviews, 2 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Russia Intro, 14 reviews, 3 photos
- Santiago de Compostela Intro, 12 reviews, 4 photos