"the forgotten explorers from Portugal and Spain" Burundi by jorgejuansanchez
Burundi Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 1,059 photos
I entered Burundi in the most fantastic possible way: by boat through the Tanganyika Lake, which is, after Baikal, the second deepest lake in the world.
From Kigoma, in Tanzania, to Bujumbura, in Burundi, it took me 12 hours of pleasant navigation remembering the great travellers of the XIX century such as Livingstone, Stanley, Burton, Speke, and the forgotten Portuguese and Spanish explorers Pedro Paez (discoverer of the sources of the Blue Nile), Duarte Lopes (the first European to see and describe in books in 1578 Victoria, Nyassa and Tanganyika lakes), or the Padre Silbeira (the first European to admire Livingstone Falls), who explored Africa several centuries before the English.
I stayed in the splendid hotel Burundi Palace where I only paid 10 US dollars a night in a single room.
From Bujumbura to Kigali (capital of Rwanda) there are daily services which journey takes 12 hours.
jorgejuansanchez's Related Pages
Burundi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A country unburdened by major tourist attractions"
- "REBUILDING BURUNDI"
- "A so God Blessed visit to Burundi!"
- "small country in the heart of africa"
- "Visit to Burundi"
- "the forgotten explorers from Portugal and Spain"
- "cosmopolit's new Burundi Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Burundi
- Hotels in Burundi
- Transportation in Burundi
- Nightlife in Burundi
- Restaurants in Burundi
- Shopping in Burundi
- Warnings and Dangers in Burundi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Burundi
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Burundi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burundi
Top 10 Pages
- Madrid Intro, 35 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 74 reviews, 2 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tristan da Cunha Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos
- Dahuk Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yanrakynnot Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos
- Socotra Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos
- Gyumri Intro, 14 reviews, 36 photos
- Madang Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos
- Tiksi Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue