"Fakarava Atoll" Îles Tuamotu et Gambier by jorgejuansanchez
Îles Tuamotu et Gambier Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 33 photos
I landed in Rotoava, in Fakarava Island, one of the Tuamotu atolls, by ship.
The locals are waiting the tourists in the pier to give them flowers. Fakarava is an atoll very flat; people are aware that within 20 years the atoll will be swallowed up by the waters, but nobody wants to migrate to Tahiti. They prefer the quiet life of their tiny islet.
They sell beautiful black pearls very cheap. I buy some for my daughters.
The beaches belong to the islanders and you need to ask permission to swim. They are all nice and always grant it.
jorgejuansanchez's Related Pages
Îles Tuamotu et Gambier Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fakarava - In the Middle of a Dream"
- "Fakarava Atoll"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Îles Tuamotu et Gambier
- Hotels in Îles Tuamotu et Gambier
- Transportation in Îles Tuamotu et Gambier
- Shopping in Îles Tuamotu et Gambier
- Warnings and Dangers in Îles Tuamotu et Gambier
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Îles Tuamotu et Gambier
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (130)
Have you been to Îles Tuamotu et Gambier?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Îles Tuamotu et Gambier
Top 10 Pages
- Blagoveshchensk Intro, 182 reviews, 363 photos, 6 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 83 reviews, 22 photos
- Madrid Intro, 37 reviews, 54 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 57 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banja Luka Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos
- Tristan da Cunha Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos
- Manila Intro, 16 reviews, 36 photos
- Dahuk Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yanrakynnot Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Socotra Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos