"Discoverer Don Alvaro de Mendana" Marshall Islands by jorgejuansanchez
Marshall Islands Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 136 photos
Marshalls Islands were discovered by the spanish explorer Don Alvaro de Mendana during the XVI century. He also discovered for the Western World Solomon Islands (I made him a monument in Santa Cruz Islands, in the Solomon, see my Solomon chapter), Marquesas Islands, and many more. Even Captain James Cook wrote that probably Mendana was in Hawaii Islands before than him.
I spent in Majuro four days. I flew there from Kosrae and the plane stopped in Kwajalein, but I was not allowed to get off the plane even for a second, only the passengers who lived there. It was a forbidden atoll. The same happenned during my flight to Honolulu, when the plane made another stop in Johnston atoll, and again did not allow me to touch the ground.
The plane that I took in Kosrae landed in Kwajalein before proceeding to Majuro, a sinking atoll where its people are... more travel advice
jorgejuansanchez's Related Pages
Marshall Islands Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Marshall Islands"
- "My Childhood Home"
- "Poorman's new Marshall Islands Page"
- "Discoverer Don Alvaro de Mendana"
- "kwajdream's new Marshall Islands Page"
- "gollo's new Marshall Islands page"
- "MARSHALL ISLANDS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marshall Islands
- Hotels in Marshall Islands
- Transportation in Marshall Islands
- Nightlife in Marshall Islands
- Restaurants in Marshall Islands
- Shopping in Marshall Islands
- Warnings and Dangers in Marshall Islands
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marshall Islands
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (117)
Have you been to Marshall Islands?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marshall Islands
Top 10 Pages
- Madrid Intro, 35 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 74 reviews, 2 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 57 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banja Luka Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos
- Tristan da Cunha Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos
- Dahuk Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yanrakynnot Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos
- Socotra Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos
- Madang Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos
- Gyumri Intro, 14 reviews, 36 photos