"The pearl of the Mediterranean" Comunidad Valenciana by jorgejuansanchez
Comunidad Valenciana Travel Guide: 3,398 reviews and 7,706 photos
Valencia history is very rich, as well as the gastronomy and fiestas. Furthermore, Valencia people have, apart from the spanish, another language, the valenciano, which they do not like to be confused with the catalan or the balear languages.
Valencia is compossed of three provinces: Castellon, in the north, Valencia, in the center, and Alicante, in the south.
Inside the Valencia cathedral you can admire the Holy Grial and two Goya paintings, and just in front of it, in the square, you can taste the typical Valencia drink: horchata, specially in summer.
For beaches everybody go to Benidorm, in Alicante, although they are very crowded, mainly with people from Madrid, but if you go with childrem, then Benidorm is perfect because of the Terra Mitica attraction park (a spanish Disneyland). For the tourists without children I suggest you the beaches around the historic and beautiful medieval village of Peniscola, in Castellon province.
You should try to go to Valencia capital around 19th march, during the Fallas, one of the three most important fiestas in Spain (the other two being San Fermin in Pamplona, the seventh of july, when we let the bulls running in the streets, and Feria de Sevilla, in april, when everybody participates dancing flamenco and drinking fino wines). If not, then go to the enchanting Fallas museum, in Valencia capital, to get a glimpse of these incredible and original fiestas.
Elche, in Alicante, one of the oldest spanish towns, also deserves attention, specially its Huerto del Cura (another UNESCO monument), a fantastic garden full with exotic plants and palms unique in the whole of Europe. In Elche, to damage a palm tree is considered a crime.
Valencia is very conveniently situated; from there you can get regular ferries to the Balearic islands, to Italy and Palermo, or from Alicante there are boats to Argel, or you can reach Madrid in train or bus in about three hours.
- Pros:they prepare the best paella in Spain (they invented it !)
- Cons:hard to get a hotel during Fallas fiestas
- In a nutshell:pleasant and clean autonomy
This is another fantastic museum. Some even say that is the second in importance in Spain, only after Museo del... more travel advice
jorgejuansanchez's Related Pages
Comunidad Valenciana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rachel_Suns Costa Blanca Page"
- "Comunitat Valenciana"
- "Between Valencia and Platja de Tavernes"
- "The pearl of the Mediterranean"
- "Spain`s Costa Blanca Coast"
- "Click on the names for some great destinations !!!"
- "Spanish Articles Wanted"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Comunidad Valenciana
- Hotels in Comunidad Valenciana
- Transportation in Comunidad Valenciana
- Nightlife in Comunidad Valenciana
- Restaurants in Comunidad Valenciana
- Shopping in Comunidad Valenciana
- Warnings and Dangers in Comunidad Valenciana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Comunidad Valenciana
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Comunidad Valenciana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Comunidad Valenciana
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 72 reviews, 2 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 2 photos
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 3 photos
- Madrid Intro, 22 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Castilla y León Intro, 24 reviews, 1 photo
- Catalunya Intro, 21 reviews, 3 photos
- India Intro, 19 reviews, 2 photos
- Russia Intro, 14 reviews, 3 photos
- Santiago de Compostela Intro, 11 reviews, 4 photos
- Chechenskaya Respublika Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
Top Comunidad Valenciana hotels
- Benidorm Hotels
- 439 Reviews - 762 Photos
- Alicante Hotels
- 481 Reviews - 1057 Photos
- Calpe Hotels
- 87 Reviews - 144 Photos
- Valencia Hotels
- 1282 Reviews - 3364 Photos
- Peñíscola Hotels
- 82 Reviews - 118 Photos
- Denia Hotels
- 166 Reviews - 190 Photos
- Torrevieja Hotels
- 85 Reviews - 254 Photos
- Castellón de la Plana Hotels
- 27 Reviews - 43 Photos
- Altea Hotels
- 35 Reviews - 87 Photos
- Villajoyosa Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 55 Photos
- Jávea Hotels
- 45 Reviews - 153 Photos
- Albir Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 13 Photos
- Benicasim Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 6 Photos
- Orihuela Hotels
- 18 Reviews - 19 Photos
- Oliva Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 19 Photos