"One pleasant day excursion from Antigua" Barbuda by jorgejuansanchez
Barbuda Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 17 photos
There is a daily ferry from Antigua to Barbuda island. It sails at 9 AM and return from Barbuda at 3 PM.
This time is enough to have a look at the island.
There are organized excursions to visit during one day Barbuda, but I went by myself.
The port is far from the town, I walked for about 2 hours. There are taxis waiting for you but the prices were expensive (I think that they wanted to abuse because they saw me a lonely traveler).
There is a nice restaurant in town, several churches, a helpful tourist office. People are lovely. Only Barbuda people can own land, foreigners are not allowed to buy land. Land is for free, but only for local Barbudans.
Some people coming with me in the ferry, decided to go back to Antigua by plane, because the waters were very rough.
It was Sunday and I went to the Mass service in the Catholic Church. more travel advice
jorgejuansanchez's Related Pages
Barbuda Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Barbuda
- Transportation in Barbuda
- Restaurants in Barbuda
- Warnings and Dangers in Barbuda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barbuda
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (144)
Have you been to Barbuda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barbuda
Top 10 Pages
- Blagoveshchensk Intro, 250 reviews, 517 photos, 8 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 102 reviews, 72 photos
- Madrid Intro, 43 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 40 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 28 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ulaanbaatar Intro, 29 reviews, 51 photos
- Santiago Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 47 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nalanda Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos
- Russia Intro, 24 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues