"Tula samovars" Tula by jorgejuansanchez
Tula Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 98 photos
Tula is a lovely Russian town at two hours distance from Moscow by local marshrutka, or minivan.
I went there in a long one day excursion thanks to the invitation of Sasha, a most pleasant man whom I knew some months earlier during my train journey from Moscow to Vorkuta, in Komi Republic.
With my friend Sasha I visited the Kremlin and the Museum of weapons inside it. Tula is one of the few Russian cities possessing a Kremlin.
The cathedral is also impressive, as well as the famous Samovar Factory, unique in all of Russia.
Sasha took me in his car to Yasnaya Polyana, at about 15 kilometers distance from Tula, where I could visit the house where Lev Tolstoy lived. There he wrote War and Peace and Anna Karenina. His humble tomb is nearby, in the garden.
When going back to Moscow Sasha gave me as a gift a typical prianik, or a kind of sweet that all Russians adore and eat together with a cup of tea.
jorgejuansanchez's Related Pages
Tula Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming old russian town near Moscow"
- "Town of 'Samovars' and 'prainiki'"
- "Zaoksky: Tula, Russia"
- "Tula samovars"
- "Russian Switzerland"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tula
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Tula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tula
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 72 reviews, 2 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 3 photos
- Madrid Intro, 22 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Castilla y León Intro, 24 reviews, 1 photo
- Catalunya Intro, 21 reviews, 3 photos
- India Intro, 21 reviews, 2 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Russia Intro, 14 reviews, 3 photos
- Santiago de Compostela Intro, 12 reviews, 4 photos