"Tula samovars" Tula by jorgejuansanchez
Tula Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 101 photos
Tula is a lovely Russian town at two hours distance from Moscow by local marshrutka, or minivan.
I went there in a long one day excursion thanks to the invitation of Sasha, a most pleasant man whom I knew some months earlier during my train journey from Moscow to Vorkuta, in Komi Republic.
With my friend Sasha I visited the Kremlin and the Museum of weapons inside it. Tula is one of the few Russian cities possessing a Kremlin.
The cathedral is also impressive, as well as the famous Samovar Factory, unique in all of Russia.
Sasha took me in his car to Yasnaya Polyana, at about 15 kilometers distance from Tula, where I could visit the house where Lev Tolstoy lived. There he wrote War and Peace and Anna Karenina. His humble tomb is nearby, in the garden.
When going back to Moscow Sasha gave me as a gift a typical prianik, or a kind of sweet that all Russians adore and eat together with a cup of tea.
Prianik is very typical sweet in Tula, where are the factories. All the Russians love Tula prianik. of course,... more travel advice
jorgejuansanchez's Related Pages
Tula Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charming old russian town near Moscow"
- "Town of 'Samovars' and 'prainiki'"
- "Zaoksky: Tula, Russia"
- "Tula samovars"
- "Russian Switzerland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tula
- Restaurants in Tula
- Shopping in Tula
- Warnings and Dangers in Tula
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tula
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Tula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tula
Top 10 Pages
- Madrid Intro, 35 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 74 reviews, 2 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tristan da Cunha Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos
- Dahuk Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yanrakynnot Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos
- Socotra Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos
- Gyumri Intro, 14 reviews, 36 photos
- Madang Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos
- Tiksi Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue