"Spices Islands" Maluku Province by jorgejuansanchez
Maluku Province Travel Guide: 235 reviews and 539 photos
Indonesia is a paradise for those who love travelling by boat.
You can reach Ambon Island from Kupang in Timor, from Jayapura in Papua province, etc.
While in Ambon I advise you to look for a cheap hostel in Jalan Wim Reawaru, which is a sort of Jalan Jaksa in Jakarta.
In Soya Ata, not far from Ambon, there is a Portuguese fortress called Victoria and a bust dedicated to Francisco Javier, the Spanish Jesuit who evangelized India, many islands in today Indonesia, Japan and the Far East during the XVI century (his tomb is in Goa, India).
If you have a look at the market you will understand why Ambon is called the Spice Island.
People in Ambon are very nice and they smile at you all the time.
- Pros:Pleasant island
This is a historic fortress erected by the Portuguese in the XVI century from where you will enjoy excellent views of... more travel advice
jorgejuansanchez's Related Pages
Maluku Province Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Maluku in the eastern sea"
- "Spices Islands"
- "MALUKU or MOLUCCAS"
- "The Spice Islands"
- "Maluku: The Spice Islands of Indonesia"
- "Maluku Province"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maluku Province
- Hotels in Maluku Province
- Transportation in Maluku Province
- Restaurants in Maluku Province
- Shopping in Maluku Province
- Warnings and Dangers in Maluku Province
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maluku Province
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Maluku Province?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maluku Province
Photos in Maluku ProvinceSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 73 reviews, 2 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 23 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Castilla y León Intro, 24 reviews, 1 photo
- Catalunya Intro, 21 reviews, 3 photos
- India Intro, 21 reviews, 2 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Russia Intro, 14 reviews, 3 photos
- Santiago de Compostela Intro, 12 reviews, 4 photos