"the call of mail boat ST HELENA" Ascension Island by jorgejuansanchez
Ascension Island Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 226 photos
I just spent several hours in this island during the call of ST. HELENA ship on my way to Saint Helena Island.
It was a sunday and I went to the church, just for curiosity, since it was anglican.
I made a trekking to the mountains and in my way back I hitchhiked succesfully. Everybody picks you up at the first try.
I even entered a military base and nobody controlled me. It was my second visit to a military base (apart from Spain). The first one was in the Isle of Guam.
Saint Helena Island, with about 5000 people, is much more interesting than Ascension, with only about 600 inhabitants.
In Ascension Island they control the trajectory of the Ariane rocket launch from French Guyana.
There are regular flights to Ascension from Malvinas Islands (Falkland), and from Brize Norton, England.
To St. Helena there is only boat service (ST. HELENA). See my Saint Helena page.
The conditions on board where fantastic!
For details, please see my St Helena page.
- Pros:is OK for a few hours visit
jorgejuansanchez's Related Pages
Ascension Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ascension - mysterious, secretive and curious"
- "Ascension - one of the strangest places the planet"
- "Ascension Island = Ascension please"
- "How I got here"
- "Ascension Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ascension Island
- Hotels in Ascension Island
- Transportation in Ascension Island
- Nightlife in Ascension Island
- Restaurants in Ascension Island
- Shopping in Ascension Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Ascension Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ascension Island
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (129)
Have you been to Ascension Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ascension Island
Top 10 Pages
- Madrid Intro, 35 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 57 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 74 reviews, 2 photos
- Banja Luka Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos
- Tristan da Cunha Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos
- Dahuk Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yanrakynnot Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Socotra Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos
- Gyumri Intro, 14 reviews, 36 photos
- Madang Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos