"the call of mail boat ST HELENA" Top 5 Page for this destination Ascension Island by jorgejuansanchez

Ascension Island Travel Guide: 68 reviews and 227 photos

I just spent several hours in this island during the call of ST. HELENA ship on my way to Saint Helena Island.
It was a sunday and I went to the church, just for curiosity, since it was anglican.
I made a trekking to the mountains and in my way back I hitchhiked succesfully. Everybody picks you up at the first try.
I even entered a military base and nobody controlled me. It was my second visit to a military base (apart from Spain). The first one was in the Isle of Guam.
Saint Helena Island, with about 5000 people, is much more interesting than Ascension, with only about 600 inhabitants.
In Ascension Island they control the trajectory of the Ariane rocket launch from French Guyana.
There are regular flights to Ascension from Malvinas Islands (Falkland), and from Brize Norton, England.
To St. Helena there is only boat service (ST. HELENA). See my Saint Helena page.

MAIL BOAT ST HELENA

The conditions on board where fantastic!
For details, please see my St Helena page.

• Pros:is OK for a few hours visit
  • Last visit to Ascension Island: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• wabat's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2015 at 6:08 AM

Reading your page brought back fond memories of my visit to Ascension Island ( and St Helena). I spent 4 days here and did lots of walking. Very different to St Helena but equally enjoyable for me.

jorgejuansanchez

“Memento mori”

Badges & Stats in Ascension Island

Have you been to Ascension Island?