"Torres Strait islands, discoverd by Spaniards" Thursday Island by jorgejuansanchez
Thursday Island Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 30 photos
Probably he also discovered Australia mainland.
The monument was erected by the Spanish embassador in Australia to conmemorate Torres discovery of the islands
Welcome to Torres Strait Islands.
Probably Thursday is not the most interesting island of the archipelago, but I had no time, nor money, to visit the rest, apart from Horn island, where the airport is located.
You have to take a ferry from Horn island to Thursday island, the capital of the archipelago.
- Pros:interesting and historical place
- Cons:hard to get there, only by plane from Cairns
It is always useful if you want to send a letter or postcard to your family members, or friends. more travel advice
jorgejuansanchez's Related Pages
Thursday Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Thursday Island - In the Torres Strait"
- "Torres Strait islands, discoverd by Spaniards"
- "great place to spend your childhood"
- "Australia's Melanesia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thursday Island
- Transportation in Thursday Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Thursday Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Thursday Island
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (121)
Have you been to Thursday Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thursday Island
Photos in Thursday IslandSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Madrid Intro, 35 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 57 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 74 reviews, 2 photos
- Banja Luka Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos
- Tristan da Cunha Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos
- Dahuk Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yanrakynnot Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos
- Socotra Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos
- Gyumri Intro, 14 reviews, 36 photos
- Madang Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos