"lovely discovery" Sint Eustatius by jorgejuansanchez
Sint Eustatius Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 37 photos
I happen to arrive in Sint Eustatius in Sunday, therefore I went to the Catholic Church, in Oranjestadt, and there I made friendship with the father and other religious people attending a seminar, living in the rooms annexed to the church premises. Knowing that I had nowhere to sleep they invited me to stay there.
Although I read that the main industry is tourism, I did not find any tourist.
During my three days stay in Sint Eustatius I climbed the Quill crater, and saw all the tourist attractions of the island, including the remains of asynagogue, erected in the times when there were many Jews living in that island.
I made lots of friends. People in Sint Eustatius are very friendly with the foreigners. We talked in Spanish. They all knew Papiamento, language that contains 90 per cent of Spanish words. Practically nobody could speak Dutch, only immigrants from Nederland and a few people working in official places.
The fourth day I flew to Saba Island.
jorgejuansanchez's Related Pages
Sint Eustatius Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Sint Eustatius
- Hotels in Sint Eustatius
- Transportation in Sint Eustatius
- Warnings and Dangers in Sint Eustatius
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sint Eustatius
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Sint Eustatius?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sint Eustatius
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 72 reviews, 2 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 38 reviews, 3 photos
- Madrid Intro, 22 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Castilla y León Intro, 24 reviews, 1 photo
- Catalunya Intro, 21 reviews, 3 photos
- India Intro, 21 reviews, 2 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Russia Intro, 14 reviews, 3 photos
- Santiago de Compostela Intro, 12 reviews, 4 photos