"Bienvenidos a Santa Rosa de Lima" Santa Rosa de Lima by jorgejuansanchez
Santa Rosa de Lima Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
After relaxing for a couple of days in Playa La Puntilla, in the Costa del Sol, I left to Honduras, but that day I could only get to the small town of Santa Rosa de Lima, where I found a hostel and spent the night there.
I made friendship with the locals and have dinner with them in a local restaurant close to my hostel.
The man who founded that village was the Spanish born Manuel Diaz, in the XVIII century. He had just been in Lima, Peru, and gave that the name of the famous Peruvian saint to his village.
Santa Rosa de Lima was the first saint born in America (in the XVI century). She is very revered, not only in Peru, but in the whole of Hispanic America.
The next day I crossed the border and entered Honduras.
jorgejuansanchez's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Santa Rosa de Lima
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Santa Rosa de Lima?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Rosa de Lima
Photos in Santa Rosa de LimaSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Moscow Intro, 74 reviews, 2 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 24 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 39 reviews, 4 photos
- Isla de Formentera Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oran Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Castilla y León Intro, 24 reviews, 1 photo
- Catalunya Intro, 21 reviews, 3 photos
- India Intro, 21 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Comunidad Valenciana Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos