"Crossing the Darien gap on foot and by boats" Capurganá by jorgejuansanchez
Capurganá Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 9 photos
I started in Puerto Obaldia, Panamá, my journey to lovely Cartagena de Indias, Colombia.
I had just spent an amazing week with San Blas islands local people, living like another one of them.
One of the Indians Kuna brought me to Puerto Obaldia to try to walk until the border with Panama.
Choosing the other point of entry overland into Colombia across the Darien gap was too dangerous for the Colombian guerrilleros and the narcotics traffickers, so I resolved to take the easiest and simplest way, getting to Capurganá first, in Chocó department, then to Turbo, in Antioquia department.
My travel plan worked out beautifully.
I was stamped in my passport an exit stamp from the Police of Panamá in Puerto Obaldía, then boarded a launch boat to Capurganá where I spent one day waiting for the Immigration authorities the next day.
Capurganá was a hidden paradise for Colombian tourists. I loved that place.
The Immigration officer (she was a lady, very nice) gave me 3 months stay in Colombia without asking me any question regarding why I chose that dangerous entry point, or how much money I was carrying with me.
Then, in the pier, I made acquaintance with a key man, Capitan Cartagena. I talked with him and by means of a fair price he brought me in his motorboat to Turbo, safely.
Once in Turbo, in Antioquia department, I boarded a bus and the next day I finally reached the loveliest colonial city in the whole of America: Cartagena de Indias.
jorgejuansanchez's Related Pages
Capurganá Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Capurganá
- Hotels in Capurganá
- Transportation in Capurganá
- Warnings and Dangers in Capurganá
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Capurganá
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Capurganá?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Capurganá
Photos in CapurganáSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Madrid Intro, 35 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 74 reviews, 2 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tristan da Cunha Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos
- Dahuk Intro, 9 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yanrakynnot Intro, 8 reviews, 43 photos
- Socotra Intro, 8 reviews, 42 photos
- Gyumri Intro, 14 reviews, 36 photos
- Tiksi Intro, 10 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mrauk-oo Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos