"Mohenjo-Daro" Karachi by jorgejuansanchez
Karachi Travel Guide: 488 reviews and 1,043 photos
I did not like Karachi, the most populated city in Pakistan, I found it too crowded and with beggars everywhere who followed me, when they saw giving baksheesh to some children without legs, realizing that I was a Westerner, with the goal to get some rupees, but I could not give coins to everybody. Furthermore, my first day in that town two corrupted Policemen tried to rob me (fortunately without success), that was the reason why the second day of my stay I headed north, to Rawalpindi and then to the Himalaya.
I boarded a train and made a stop of one day in Mohenjo-Daro to observe the ruins of a civilization on the banks of the Indo River that prospered over 4000 years ago, at the same time than Greece and Egypt.
Mohenjo-Daro is in the list of Patrimonies if the Humankind by UNESCO.
Walking around the archeological site, among the ruins, I noticed a Buddhist Stupa, situated on the top of a hill.
In my way to Rawalpindi I could have stopped in Harappa, in Punjab, a settlement contemporary of Mohenjo-Daro, which represents another civilization centre. But not being an archeologist, I felt satisfied enough with my visit to Mohenjo-Daro to have an idea of the Indus Valley Civilization.
Finally I reached by train the city of Rawalpindi.
jorgejuansanchez's Related Pages
Karachi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karachi ~ Over the edge!"
- "KARACHI - THE CITY OF LIGHTS"
- "Karachi an Unpredictable city"
- "Sensory Overload - Karachi"
- "Faiza & Ifrah's Southern Sindh Province"
- "Karachi - Where No One Sleeps Hungry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karachi
- Hotels in Karachi
- Transportation in Karachi
- Nightlife in Karachi
- Restaurants in Karachi
- Shopping in Karachi
- Warnings and Dangers in Karachi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karachi
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (179)
Have you been to Karachi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karachi
Top 10 Pages
- Blagoveshchensk Intro, 250 reviews, 517 photos, 8 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 102 reviews, 72 photos
- Madrid Intro, 50 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 43 reviews, 91 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 28 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ulaanbaatar Intro, 29 reviews, 51 photos
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 16 reviews, 63 photos
- Santiago Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos
- Beijing Intro, 19 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nalanda Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos