"Original Houses in Lake Toba" Sumatra by jorgejuansanchez
Sumatra Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 103 photos
Sumatra represented for me a rewarding rest after travelling around the Pacific islands on the cheap, sleeping in beaches, during several months.
For just a few US dollars I rented a house like the ones that you can see in the picture, for me alone, in an island called Samosir inside the salted Lake Toba. The house belonged to the hostel Bagus, in the village of Tuktuk. The natives of the island were batak.
You can reach Lake Toba by direct bus from Jakarta (about 40 hours plus the time lost in the constant bus damages).
If after Sumatra you plan to visit Malaysia, then you have two main boats services. The first sails from the port of Medan (Belawan) until the lovely Pinang Island, or you can descend to Dumai and board a ferry to historical Melaka.
jorgejuansanchez's Related Pages
Sumatra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Wild and Marvelous Land of Sumatra"
- "Scenic Sumatra"
- "Land of monkies and nasi goreng"
- "We love to travel!"
- "Beautiful Island, But..."
- "Home of the Orang Utan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sumatra
- Hotels in Sumatra
- Transportation in Sumatra
- Warnings and Dangers in Sumatra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sumatra
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (145)
Have you been to Sumatra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sumatra
Top 10 Pages
- Blagoveshchensk Intro, 250 reviews, 517 photos, 8 travelogues
- Moscow Intro, 102 reviews, 72 photos
- Madrid Intro, 43 reviews, 88 photos, 4 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 40 reviews, 80 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 28 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ulaanbaatar Intro, 29 reviews, 51 photos
- Santiago Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 47 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nalanda Intro, 21 reviews, 49 photos
- Russia Intro, 24 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues