"Petra Petra Petra" Petra by stappm

Petra Travel Guide: 987 reviews and 2,536 photos

Petra and My reason for going to Jordan. It was amazing as expected. I did notice that everyone trys to talk you into staying briefly (1/2 day to 1 day) at Petra and moving on to see the Dead Sea, Mt Nebo, Aquaba, etc, but Petra really deserves more time.

I spent 3 days here in July and it was perfect. Got to see the park early in the morning and late in the evening (the night tour is a must!) It was not as hot as I expected - maybe 85 deg. with a nice breeze that was constant.

• Pros:Beautiful and Amazing!
  • Cons:the men (dodgy)
  • In a nutshell:will go back with a group!
  • Last visit to Petra: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 8, 2006

• Apr 5, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Very helpful. Thanks. I was having trouble planning my trip - getting information until I found VT

• Nov 30, 2008 at 4:10 PM

I disagree with your Petra warnings and danger tips. I am also from the USA, I have seen many countries, I moved to Petra from the state of Kentucky, The men in Petra respect the women that visit Petra .

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2008 at 12:29 AM

thanks for sharing ur Petra memories. useful. tomorrow morning Im off to Jordan and the day after I'll be in fantastic Petra.

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2007 at 10:12 AM

Petra is magical.How I'd love to visit this place ! Thanks for the information and the pictures.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2006 at 9:41 AM

Thx for the transport info, excellent greetz from belgium

• XtravelloverX's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2006 at 5:48 PM

You're so right! The Crown Plaza Petra is fantastic and the Lost City deserves more than one day, for sure. :o)

stappm

“Dream BIG, cause sometimes those dreams come true too!”

Badges & Stats in Petra