"Petra Petra Petra" Petra by stappm
Petra Travel Guide: 1,026 reviews and 2,669 photos
Petra and My reason for going to Jordan. It was amazing as expected. I did notice that everyone trys to talk you into staying briefly (1/2 day to 1 day) at Petra and moving on to see the Dead Sea, Mt Nebo, Aquaba, etc, but Petra really deserves more time.
I spent 3 days here in July and it was perfect. Got to see the park early in the morning and late in the evening (the night tour is a must!) It was not as hot as I expected - maybe 85 deg. with a nice breeze that was constant.
- Pros:Beautiful and Amazing!
- Cons:the men (dodgy)
- In a nutshell:will go back with a group!
The Horses & Carriages only can bring you to the Treasury (approx. 20 JD round trip plus tip), burrows and camels can... more travel advice
I noticed all the group tours in and out of Jordan only allow 1/2 day to 1 day to visit Petra. And if you are like me,... more travel advice
stappm's Related Pages
Petra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Petra : the city of the caravans"
- "Petra: a wonderful town"
- "A love story with Petra"
- "The Nabataean City"
- "Petra - a highlight of Jordan"
- "Just one (almost) perfect day.........."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Petra
- Hotels in Petra
- Transportation in Petra
- Nightlife in Petra
- Restaurants in Petra
- Shopping in Petra
- Warnings and Dangers in Petra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Petra
- 7 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Petra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Petra
Photos in PetraSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Phuket Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Beirut Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Havasu City Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Petra Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Singapore Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Venice Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jbail Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos