"Interesting Place" Kuala Lumpur by stappm
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 6,185 reviews and 14,375 photos
I stopped here on route to Phuket, Thailand. And everyone I met in Singapore was excited for me to go to KL. I took a bus from Singapore to KL (buses are inexpensive and nice, coach style, some even have beverage service and movies and you get to see the countryside) And takes about as long as flying would. Anyway, i am glad I did it. However, I was THE ONLY westerner on the bus, and the only one at the mid-ride bus depot. Since Malaysia is mostly muslim, most all women cover thier hair - and being the tall California blonde I am, I stuck out like a sore thumb. Even though i was very modestly dressed, I would have felt better/more inconspicuous in a baseball cap. People stared, both men and women, and at least in a baseball cap you don't have to look at them looking at you...
I was lurred to the Battu Caves by a Taxi driver, I really wanted to go to Masjd India - and we stopped here in route (a little out of the way, needless to say) LOL. I was glad I saw it - I probably would not have gone on my own accord.......
The shopping in KL is GREAT especially for Pashima's and scarves (Little India). You can get some that are beautifully beaded, great over evening attire! Also great buy in KL are perscription glasses, I bought some in KL Plaza (across the street from the regent) that came out to about $100 a pair (Gucci and Dior - not sure if they are fakes?!@#)
- Pros:Great Shopping
KL's airport is brand new, sparkling clean, spacious, and has nice shopping. However it's spread out (long walks to... more travel advice
Buses to and from Kuala Lumpur and Singapore are quite nice, some even have beverage service and movies on board! Not to... more travel advice
stappm's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "JALAN BUKIT BINTANG"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
Photos in Kuala LumpurSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Phuket Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 18 reviews, 22 photos
- Beirut Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Havasu City Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Petra Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos
- Marrakesh Intro, 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Singapore Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Venice Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jbail Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos