"Anchorage-- Alaska's Big City" Anchorage by katmai
Anchorage Travel Guide: 837 reviews and 1,559 photos
The city of Anchorage may be viewed as small by many visitors, but it has a lot to offer. Cultural pursuits include an art/history museum, an Alaskan native center, and a diverse community as well. Culinary choices are as varied as any large city with everything from Thai to Greek to vegan. The endless summer days imbues an energy only to be matched by the mountain vistas and brillant blossoms that decorate the downtown area. The local art scene contributes with many galleries and Broadway level shows at the Performing Arts center. It can be a fine package of fun in a "small' city.
- Pros:The long summer days with moderate temps.
- Cons:Expensive hotels-- try before June for lower cost.
- In a nutshell:A lovely, clean city with mountain views.
Kobuk Coffee is located in a historical building in downtown Anchorage. Upon entry a visitor is surrounded by a wide... more travel advice
Delicious breakfasts with a good choice of omlets and espresso. They also offer a selection of sandwiches, soups, and... more travel advice
katmai's Related Pages
Anchorage Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Not Alaska - But You Can See It From Here"
- "Alaskan Fun Starts Here"
- "Anchorage, Alaska: A Great City in The Great Land"
- "My 2 Alaskas"
- "Anchorage - Gateway to Wild Alaska"
- "frankcanfly's Anchorage Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Anchorage
- Hotels in Anchorage
- Transportation in Anchorage
- Nightlife in Anchorage
- Restaurants in Anchorage
- Shopping in Anchorage
- Warnings and Dangers in Anchorage
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Anchorage
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Anchorage?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Anchorage
Photos in AnchorageSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Anchorage Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Grand Cayman Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Estado de Yucatán 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Caribbean and Central America Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Belize City 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Honolulu Intro, 5 reviews
- Ocho Rios 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago 3 reviews
- Mackinac Island 3 reviews
- San Carlos de Bariloche 2 reviews
No friends yet.