"Bali - Island Beauty" Top 5 Page for this destination Bali by picknick

Bali Travel Guide: 6,678 reviews and 17,009 photos

The road to Bali

***PHOTOS***
36 photos from my Bali trip are uploaded to

More photos can be seen from my 5 Bali Travelogues.

*****************

This is my first trip to Bali, together with Lifoong. After hearing so much about Bali from my friends, I feel that it's time to make the short 2.5 hrs flight to Bali to check it out for myself. One month before departure, I started doing some research about what to see and do in Bali, and the list keeps growing. Knowing that I have limited time (4D3N) in Bali, I mapped out a schedule of what I want to achieve everyday to maximise our time there.

Our journey there was full of events. We flew Garuda from Singapore to Jarkata to Bali. Return flight is direct. This is the first time I flew Garuda, but it will probably be my last. The flight to Jarkata was cancelled, so we all got transfered to an SQ flight after some hassle. At Jarkata, the flight to Bali was delayed for an hour due to seating arrangment problems. When we finally reached Bali, we were told that our baggage didn't make it with our flight, and will arrive on the next flight one hour later. Got out of airport at 4:30pm instead of the scheduled 2:30pm. Luckily the hotel shuttle returns to pick us up after a call. Reached Green Garden Hotel in 10mins. Reaching Green Garden Hotel from airport. We went across the road to Dianne's Shop to have a look. Then off to Kuta Square, bought some clothes from Mooks and Ralph Lauren. I assume the Mooks store sell authentic clothes, but as there are too many Ralph Lauren stores around, don't really know if the stuff are real or not. (Told later by driver Kadek that some real, some fakes). Had dinner at Pizza Hut near Bubba Gump. Back to hotel for early night.

Day 2

Day 2, Kadek arrived in his Kijang at 7:45am. Drove to Pura Ulun Danu Beratan at the lake, beautiful scenery here, and it's cool too. Next, we went further north to see the Gitgit waterfall. It's almost noon, so he drove us to Pacung Mountain Resort for lunch. The view of the valley and rice terraces and mountains in the background is breathtaking, will want to stay here for a while in my next trip. After lunch, off to Mengwi to see Pura Taman Ayun. After that, we went to Tanah Lot, reached before 3pm. Last stop, we stopped at Geneva Handicraft for shopping. Back to hotel around 6pm. Off to Discovery Mall (5mins walk from hotel) for food at the food court (level 3), window shopping, then buying some supplies from the supermarket at the basement. Back to hotel.

Day 3 and 4

Day 3. Kadek picked us up at 8:45am. Off to Sari Wisata Budaya for Barong dance performance. Reached in 10mins. Watched the Barong and Kris dance (1 hr), then off to Sukawati market for shopping. Didn't buy anything, there are actually 2 markets in sukawati (not including the Pasar Pagi), and we were at the one (not Pasar Seni) meant more for tourists. Every shop sells the same wares. Next off to Ubud for Babu Guling lunch at Ibu Oka Babi Guling Warung. After lunch, visit Puri Saren (Ubud Palace) and the Ubud market. Much better market then the one I went to in Sukawati. Bought some Batik shirts after some half hearted bargaining. Next we went to GWK Cultural Park to look at the statues. Final stop, Uluwatu, nice view of temple on cliffs. Saw a monkey grab someone's glasses. Back to hotel. Dinner at Discovery Mall food court again (we like the choices of buying different dishes from different stalls, plus it's air conditioned). Had head and shoulder massage at Eve (near Pizza Hut). Bought DVDs from shop between Discovery Kartika Plaza and Green Garden. Back to hotel.

Day 4, flight at 3pm, so we took a long slow walk in the morning to Kuta Square, Jalan Legian, Bali Bomb Memorial, Poppies Lane 2, walk along Kuta beach back to Discovery Mall beach entrance, then Green Garden Hotel. Checked out, had lunch at Discovery Mall, bought some sarongs at Dianne's Shop. Hotel transfer to airport, back to Singapore.

• Pros:Scenic Island, cheap shopping, cheap and good food
  • Cons:Sun was HOT when we were there, but at least no rain
  • In a nutshell:So many scenic attractions, photographer's heaven
  • Last visit to Bali: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 16, 2005

• Marisola's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2008 at 10:04 PM

Great tips on Bali! I hope to go there someday! Thanks!

• daryll's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2007 at 11:07 AM

food u describe is just mouth watering...i will dfinitely make a visit to the food court..thanks

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2006 at 6:32 PM

great page!

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2006 at 8:51 AM

Very interesting page with nice pictures. Greetings.

• austarman's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2005 at 10:14 AM

Love your Bali pic's it's my second home thanks

• ronaldbarr's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2005 at 1:39 AM

Greetings from Ireland. I love the colours, the nature and the temples. My virtual tour here has been fascinating. Very easy to rate quality work like this. Best wishes to you. ronaldbarr

• ECYM's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2005 at 7:41 PM

wow... I love the itinery that you planned for your Bali trip. I had a similar plan like yours but I can only complete only a few places. Good tips.

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2005 at 5:31 AM

Love your photos. I've watched the sunset at Tanah Lot, next time I'm going to Uluwatu to watch it.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2005 at 4:24 AM

Nice pictures! Looks like you've done about the same trip like me a few years ago.

• DidiBeachBum's Profile Photo