"Blue Mountains adventure" Blue Mountains National Park by picknick
Blue Mountains National Park Travel Guide: 360 reviews and 1,128 photos
Stayed 1 night in the Blue Mountains in the town of Katoomba during my June holidays. The views of the valey and the mountains are spectacular here. You can spend many hours everyday exploring the many mountain paths and hiking trails.
Possibly the most relaxing way to travel to the Blue Mountains is by Rail.
City Rail offer an extremely efficient service to the Blue Mountains Katoomba Station. Katoomba is the most visited town in the Blue Mountains.
The Scenic Railway is the steepest railway incline in the world and is now one of the most popular man-made tourist attractions in Australia. The ride takes you down the steep descent past Orphan Rock, through a tunnel and the beautiful fern-damp cliff face.
Adjacent to the Scenic Railway is the new Sceniscender, the steepest aerial cable car in Australia. The Sceniscender takes you on a 545 metre ride into the World Heritage Listed rainforest of the Jamison valley. Also at the same site is the magnificent Scenic Skyway. The new Skyway can carry up to 84 passengers across the Jamison Valley at a height of 200 metres. The views are breathtaking.
A visit to the Blue Mountains would not be complete without viewing the spectacular Three Sisters at Echo Point. While the Blue Mountains features so much more than this natural attraction you can?t help but admire the unquestionable beauty of this amazing rock formation.
The character of the Three Sisters changes throughout the day and throughout the seasons as the sunlight brings out the magnificent colours.
The Three Sisters is also floodlit at night looking even more stunning set against the black background of the night sky. For those wishing to know more about the Three Sisters, the Aboriginal Dream Time Stories are well worth a read.
The famous Giant Stairway is also found at Echo Point. If you are enthusiastic and energetic, you can take the 800 steps down to the floor of the valley.
picknick's Related Pages
Blue Mountains National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the Valleys"
- "Check out if they are BLUE"
- "The Lower Blue Mountains"
- "Blue Mountains - The Forest Paradise"
- "Blue Mountains Adventure"
- "Blue Mountains"
- "Blue Moutains / Katoomba / Three Sisters"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blue Mountains National Park
- Hotels in Blue Mountains National Park
- Transportation in Blue Mountains National Park
- Restaurants in Blue Mountains National Park
- Shopping in Blue Mountains National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Blue Mountains National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blue Mountains National Park
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Blue Mountains National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blue Mountains National Park
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bali Intro, 57 reviews, 94 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 10 reviews, 102 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phuket Intro, 35 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 20 reviews, 32 photos
- Zürich Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Lauterbrunnen Intro, 2 reviews, 42 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Blue Mountains National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melaka Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brisbane Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos