"Beautifully endless" Damaraland by Assenczo
Damaraland Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 76 photos
Damaraland includes the well-promoted sites of Twifelfontain, Blue Mountain and Organ Pipes on one hand and the Petrifies Forest(s) on the other. All along the way one has to admire the beauty of this scarcely populated land chained in mountains of red rock flooded by a sea of yellow grass and dotted with green trees. This endless landscape of million years is brilliantly covered by the bluest skies and illuminated by the brightest winter sun. This is the place where one can and should polish his panorama picture skills because the “tableaux” that Nature has produced are on a monumental scale where a single frame cannot do them justice. Meanwhile, driving on gravel roads can be rather challenging especially in a smaller car with its ruts and dust creating possibilities for accidents at any time. Fortunately there are few corners and the main distraction is the beauty of the surroundings. Watch these donkey-driven carts and their crazy drivers whipping the hoofed quartet with the energy of a Roman chariot champion.
- Pros:Magic combinations of red and green
- Cons:Dangerously remote and desolate
- In a nutshell:Symphony of rocks and grass
Petrified Forest is a wonderful play on the senses with its wood-like appearance and stone-like feeling. Your eyes want... more travel advice
Assenczo's Related Pages
Damaraland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Damaraland, land of diversity"
- "Twyfelfontein and around - Damaraland"
- "Damaraland - the unexplored north of Namibia"
- "Beautiful dry land"
- "Damaraland - Spitzkoppe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Damaraland
- Hotels in Damaraland
- Transportation in Damaraland
- Nightlife in Damaraland
- Warnings and Dangers in Damaraland
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Damaraland
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Damaraland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Damaraland
Top 10 Pages
- Brunei Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Oslo Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skaftafell Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Bergen Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Dominica Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos
- Granada Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos