"Town of Views" Captain Cook by Assenczo
Captain Cook Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 40 photos
Captain Cook is no more than a couple of rows of houses, one above and one below the circle-the-island highway. This set up is not too inspiring except for the views of the coffee-plantation-covered slopes underneath sliding all the way to the ocean. As the name of the town suggests, it has been christened after the great explorer (or great villain depending on which side you were on of course) who showed up at the bay below on two occasions. The second one was his last very literally, which leads to the confusion of whether the town commemorates his “discovery” or his demise.
- Pros:Expansive horison
- Cons:Geographically limited
- In a nutshell:Best place to sip your cup of coffee
The bay where Captain Cook made his initial landing and also committed his fatal follies seems to be a cursed place.... more travel advice
Assenczo's Related Pages
Captain Cook Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CAPTAIN COOK ~ VOYAGER ~ CAPTAIN COOK, HAWAII"
- "Living History and Coffee in rural Hawaii"
- "Town of Views"
- "BlueCollar's Captain Cook Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Captain Cook
- Hotels in Captain Cook
- Transportation in Captain Cook
- Restaurants in Captain Cook
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Captain Cook
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Captain Cook?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Captain Cook
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Brunei Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Molokai Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Oslo Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skaftafell Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos