"Hualapai territory" Peach Springs by Assenczo
Peach Springs Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 26 photos
Hualapai Indians are one of the many lucky tribes in the southwest of USA with land unsuitable for European style agriculture or mining so they were left alone. Curiously enough, they do not want to be left alone completely. They have joined the business buzz of the white man and are playing the game very well. Their chunk of territory includes sections of the Grand Canyon. Helicopter rides have become a preferred choice of skimming tourist dollars. This is a high end trade - not like the trinket selling women or horse-riding picture-taking tribesmen in the Navajo controlled Monument Valley. SkyWalk is also Hualapai business and high paying one. Outside of the tourism industry though there seems to be little happening around. Crossing the whole territory from top to bottom is a handy kitty corner on the way to south rim that reveals a land devoid of people outside of Peach Springs. Only a herd of lonely cows distracted from the monotonous bush-covered dusty-road driving. Closer to town the hilly stretch of the distance turns into a plane with wonderful view of the Colorado Plateau - the stuff that Colorado River has sculpted into the famous canyon.
- Pros:Small, neat and tidy
- Cons:Dangerous! Missing curve road sign just before route 66
- In a nutshell:Capital town - only town
Assenczo's Related Pages
Peach Springs Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "buzzz's new Peach Springs Page"
- "Basaic Peach Springs Page"
- "Peach Springs, AZ"
- "Hualapai territory"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Peach Springs
- Hotels in Peach Springs
- Restaurants in Peach Springs
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Peach Springs
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Peach Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peach Springs
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Brunei Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Molokai Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Oslo Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skaftafell Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos