"Aristocracy Playground" Yalta by Assenczo
Yalta Travel Guide: 248 reviews and 705 photos
For some reason these palaces were not gutted out by the Natzis and here we are enjoying them as their owners did. During the famous meeting of Stalin Churchil and Roosevelt, this was Churchill's residence. He must have been underprivilaged considering the distance from Livadia. Stalin reserved for himself the ex Yusupov's palace - a stone through from Livadia Palace and on the way to Vorontzov's palace so the "allies" were phisically separated. Maybe it worked?!
Livadia was the summer palace of the last Russian Tzar but it is widely known as the place where the three "big" met and decided the fate of Europe. Mr. Roosevlt had this palace as his residence due to his handicap condition.
Bahchisarai is another planet compared to Yalta and its surroundings. It has very turkish feel and it cannot be othewise since it was the capital of the turkish possessions on the Northern shore of the Black sea. As a matter of fact it reminds me a lot of northeastern Bulgaria where practically the same architecture can be found in the same semi-arid-chalkstone-based rolling hills.
Pushkin admirers are able to see the original "Fountain of Tears" and its pityfull state. Vorontzov's palace possesses much more convincing replica. Reading Pushkin's verses under the music of the dropping tears must be an "experience of a lifetime".
- Pros:Amazing palaces with sea and mountains in the background
- Cons:Accomodation could be shabby but telling
- In a nutshell:Yalta has offered me the best side trips sofar
While their colleagues in Western Europe were mad on "orient related" fashion and its spins but could not do more than... more travel advice
Looking for a Mausoleum? You are on the right track. As good Asian people, the local lords of the Crimean Khanate (an... more travel advice
Assenczo's Related Pages
Yalta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yalta Centre"
- "Yalta - a good base for further exploration"
- "The Sunny Southern Coast"
- "Aristocracy Playground"
- "Yalta...is a well known city!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yalta
- Hotels in Yalta
- Transportation in Yalta
- Nightlife in Yalta
- Restaurants in Yalta
- Warnings and Dangers in Yalta
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Yalta
- 9 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Yalta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yalta
Photos in YaltaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Brunei Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Oslo Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skaftafell Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Bergen Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Dominica Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos
- Granada Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos