"Excellent Àrarat View" Khor Virap by Assenczo
Khor Virap Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 12 photos
Khor Virap is firmly established on the tourist track and this is no coincidence. It has the views and it has the myths. What better combination to ask for especially when most of the potential guests are Armenian or of Armenian ancestry. So, one looks at the symbol of Armenia, namely Ararat, that happens to be temporarily in the "other" Armenia and for a break can get down in the very dungeon where the converter of all Armenians had been suffering for God and His Word.
A little detail but way more visible one than the Ararat itself due to proximity is the fence of barbed wire concentration camp style that crosses through the fertile land some considerable distance from the river Aras, the natural border between Armenia and the “other” Armenia in Turkey. This definition, immersed in certainty, is consistently and constantly repeated by the guide on duty of Hyur company; just a wonder whether it is personal zest or company preference.
- Pros:Superb views of the Ararats and the border equipment
- Cons:Weather might not cooperate all the time
- In a nutshell:Prison camp for saints and/or others
Assenczo's Related Pages
Khor Virap Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Khor Virap"
- "Excellent Àrarat View"
- "Fantastic Khor Virap"
- "St Gregory's prison"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Khor Virap
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Khor Virap?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Khor Virap
Top 10 Pages
- Brunei Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Molokai Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Oslo Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skaftafell Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Bergen Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos
- Kauai Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos