"Best preserved Greek Egypt" Idfu by Assenczo
Idfu Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 94 photos
Idfu is not an ordinary place. Nowadays even more so because of the location on the tourist trail of cruise ships, feluccas and other modes of transportation of the modern El Dorado - the tourism industry. Once off the boat you quickly realize what the priority is. The guide gives you more time to shop from the local masters than to see the masterpieces of the past. The logic - to move the economy, to help the living; the ancients have had their share, now it is our time. It is OK if this is going to be your only encounter with the crafty Egyptians, but believe me this is not the last time you will be shopping and Idfu's temple is unique and chances that you will be returning are minimal. That is why do not hesitate to ignore your guide or fire him altogether if you can and do it at your own pace.
- Pros:On the cruiser "trail"
- Cons:Usually rushed because of tour guide expediencies
- In a nutshell:Not to be missed for its practically completely preserved monument
Assenczo's Related Pages
Idfu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Temple of Horus at Edfu"
- "FALCON GOD HORUS"
- "Noodlet's Idfu page"
- "Edfu !!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Idfu
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (31)
Have you been to Idfu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Idfu
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Brunei Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Molokai Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Oslo Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skaftafell Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos