"Oasis Frontier" Al Buraymi by Assenczo
Al Buraymi Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 14 photos
Jealously guarded frontier, scene of political ambitions of Saudis, Omani and Adbudhabians (whatever they call themselves). The Saudi lost and it looks fair comparing the size of their country to the other contestants. Well, I have not count how many oasises the respective countries have but it should be proportionate to size somehow.
The best kept secret are the many fortifications in the oasis made of earthenware bricks – must have been effective despite their washable qualities.
Second best bet is the market for town folks who have never seen goats live before. If you have a chance to choose a border crossing point between UAE and Oman, I would recommend Al-Buraymi
- Pros:Much more to see and do than expected from a border town
- Cons:N/A during my visit
- In a nutshell:One oasis - two countries
Assenczo's Related Pages
Al Buraymi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WALKING TO OMAN"
- "Oasis Frontier"
- "Gateway to Dubai Desert Safari"
- "Buraimi, Oman"
- "Exit from UAE"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Al Buraymi
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Al Buraymi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Al Buraymi
Top 10 Pages
- Brunei Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Molokai Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Oslo Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skaftafell Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Bergen Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos
- Kauai Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos