"Center of New Armenia" Yerevan by Assenczo
Yerevan Travel Guide: 269 reviews and 1,032 photos
Yerevan is the navel of the world in Armenian terms. This is where you usually arrive and leave the country. This is where everybody hassles and bustles, Armenian style, and this is the place to show off your latest outfit. Please, no sneakers! The center of all is a square, or rather a circle, where the main administrative, cultural and business buildings are located. From here more circles and boulevards radiate outbound until they hit some insurmountable physical feature or the dull buildings of the suburbs. I was on my way to use the word Soviet instead of dull but realized quickly that the architectural wonders of the main square were also build during this period. So, fantasy knows no bounds especially when there is cultural background and desire to make the best of it.
- Pros:Best veiw of Ararat
- Cons:HSBC is not travel cheque friendly
- In a nutshell:Energy and future
The Armenian capital has an extremely long main drag starting from one of the surrounding hills (crowned with a newly... more travel advice
The museum of manuscripts with this unpronounceable long name is a must as many people in the past have figured out. It... more travel advice
Assenczo's Related Pages
Yerevan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yerevan – The pink city of Armenia"
- "YEREVAN - The 2800 Year-Old City"
- "GET HERE BY VAN !"
- "Modern Yerevan"
- "Yerevan, the 13th capital city of Armenia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yerevan
- Hotels in Yerevan
- Transportation in Yerevan
- Nightlife in Yerevan
- Restaurants in Yerevan
- Shopping in Yerevan
- Warnings and Dangers in Yerevan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yerevan
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Yerevan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yerevan
Photos in YerevanSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Brunei Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Molokai Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Oslo Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skaftafell Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos