"Three Street Town" Kingstown by Assenczo
Kingstown Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 54 photos
Kingstown must have its ambitious name for something. There are no kings around and probably there were never there but the feeling of importance is inescapable. This is the only urbanized area on the island of St. Vincent which in turn to the islanders of the rest of the archipelago is the "mainland". In a world so far away from the rest of the world this incongruous situation makes perfect sense. For the traveler this is a blessing of sorts and is especially appreciated after contact with a place such as Barbados - so close and yet so far, physically and mentally. Being practically the only port of entry (only select few brave the tumultuous passage from Grenada’s Carriacou) the visitors are inevitably funnelled through the sights and sounds of this Caribbean outpost. Kingstown has "attractions” of its own and at the same time could serve as a base for day trips to the rest of the island - the placid west coast or the windswept interior ridges.
- Pros:The only urban location in the country
- Cons:Transport options to outflang corners not very obvious
- In a nutshell:The caribbean as it is supposed to be
There is an establishment on the outskirts of Kingstown that offers apartments and rooms at a very competitive price for... more travel advice
Anybody who intends to do some island hopping in the Caribbean is bound to meet LIAT. This entity is not just a company;... more travel advice
Assenczo's Related Pages
Kingstown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "kingstown, a capital"
- "Three Street Town"
- "Land of My Mother's Birth"
- "Kingstown, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kingstown
- Hotels in Kingstown
- Transportation in Kingstown
- Restaurants in Kingstown
- Shopping in Kingstown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kingstown
- 5 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Kingstown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kingstown
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 7 reviews, 31 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Brunei Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Molokai Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Oslo Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skaftafell Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos