"Last in a neckless of pearls" Union Island by Assenczo
Union Island Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 25 photos
Union island is the southernmost territory of the political entity called St. Vincent and the Grenadines. As such it has been pulled into the fold with regular and fast ferries, tourism development thankfully on mini scale and immigration office for international travel. It is home to a marina of considerable size, accompanying yacht hotel and some other more humble establishments. French influence is significant with at least two properties owned by Frenchmen and accompanied by the respective supply of baguettes and camembert. The locals are supplementing their income by serving the visitors in the hotels, restaurants and transport to nearby sea ”attractions” such as the Tobago cays. The rest is chickens and goats.
- Pros:Upbeat with business in mind
- Cons:Flexibility or the lack of it does not correspond to reality
- In a nutshell:Union has everything that one would look for in an exotic location
The lure of poaching is universal and Union Island is a good part of this universe. Some individuals just cannot help... more travel advice
Animals on Union island are up and close not unlike the rest of the Grenadines. The goats seem to be the local... more travel advice
Assenczo's Related Pages
Union Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Union Island"
- "Last in a neckless of pearls"
- "Gateway to Palm Island"
- "paradise on eart"
- "Great night life and beaches!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Union Island
- Hotels in Union Island
- Restaurants in Union Island
- Shopping in Union Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Union Island
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Union Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Union Island
Photos in Union IslandSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Brunei Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Molokai Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Oslo Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skaftafell Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Bergen Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos
- Kauai Intro, 6 reviews, 20 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos