"St. Christopher's Basseterre" Basseterre by Assenczo
Basseterre Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 84 photos
Fort Street is the place to mingle in Basseterre with all shops, eateries and banks lined up. Moreover, considering the fact that three of the main five Canadian banks are present in immediate proximity to each other, your eyebrows unwittingly rise in a question mark grimace. What is this desire amongst big boys to huddle on an island that has such limited population? Even in Canada proper it would be a feat to locate all these characters so close together. Never mind the intellectual meanderings – business must be booming. The places are crowded with customers and if you happen to ask for currency exchange you get the looks that declare: “What the hell is this fella doing here, anyway?” The moral of the story could be interpreted differently but most must agree that Fort Street is no more – it has become Bank Street!
- Pros:Very British
- Cons:Very colonial
- In a nutshell:A place to turn upside down any (non-existant) expectations
Seaview Inn is rather under-advertised place with a great location for an independent or business traveller. In all... more travel advice
Assenczo's Related Pages
Basseterre Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basseterre: Classical Caribbean"
- "St. Kitts and Nevis"
- "St. Christopher's Basseterre"
- "Visiting Ross University, School of Veterinary Med"
- "WORKING THE ANGLES"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Basseterre
- Hotels in Basseterre
- Transportation in Basseterre
- Restaurants in Basseterre
- Shopping in Basseterre
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Basseterre
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Basseterre?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Basseterre
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Brunei Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Molokai Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Oslo Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skaftafell Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos