"Magnificence in the "middle of nowhere"" Santa Fe by Assenczo
Santa Fe Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 32 photos
Santa Fe sounds so exotic (no matter where it is located actually) that I had to visit. In general, this is a typical "provincial" city with the will to outdo itself and claim a place of significant importance. After the gloomy Residencia and the not-so-well-to-do Corrientes, this was a fresh breeze. Despite the fact that all signs indicated that there were no tourists and hence no need for relevant infrastructure, the city was full of venues for the curious to find and explore. Starting with the spotless bus station, impeccable tourist info service and followed by one of the best hotel experiences in the shape of comfort and value, Santa Fe was offering pleasant surprises one after the other. When you really understand that this is not your touristy piece of cake is when you try to change travelers’checks. City Bank, the almighty, and its staff took practically an hour to perform this service. Apparently, there were no reasons to master this sort of transactions.
The leisurely pace of the town gradually seeps into your veins and you succumb by slowing the pace and enjoying simple things such as shoe-polishing session in the middle of outdoor restaurant setting. I do not think they do sneakers though. Once you are over this fact, you will see that your old shoes have been rejuvenated to a condition they have never been since you bought them and ready to last for ever on your strenuous journeys.
I do not see a reason not to use Santa Fe as a stopover en route to Northern or Western Argentina, recharge your batteries (and the ones of your camera) and continue refreshed, physically and intellectually.
- Pros:Non-touristy, hence "real" Argentina, for you to explore
- Cons:Not enough McDonalds
- In a nutshell:Influenced by porteno culture but conserved the old Spanish colonial look
Visiting the monastery and the adjacent area is a must for somebody who wants to understand the roots of Santa Fe and... more travel advice
Assenczo's Related Pages
Santa Fe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "no tourists!"
- "Magnificence in the "middle of nowhere""
- "A short trip across the Rio Parana"
- "Santa Fe"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Fe
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Santa Fe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Fe
Photos in Santa FeSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Luang Prabang Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 7 reviews, 27 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Brunei Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Molokai Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Oslo Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skaftafell Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos