"I wish I lived there" Rio de Janeiro by Assenczo
Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide: 3,628 reviews and 6,543 photos
There is something wrong with this picture. Intense piety appropriately placed in the "havens" and the carnal feast sizzling on the Copacabana beach in one sentence. Maybe there is something wrong with the location of Pao de Acucar which gives the opportunity to the nosy tourist to capture these opposites in a photo. More likely, it is the happy cohabitation of contrasts similar to the careless company of the ritzy Sheraton and the favelahs that give a place for everybody and everything under the warm rays of the tropical sun.
The venue or the spectacle? I would say both compliment each other. The promontory is a magnificent viewpoint provided there are no clouds to obscure the view. The statue is a feat in itself - being as big as it is and constructed on a summit as pointed as this one. Originally I thought that I did not have the luck of perfect weather. With time, I am more inclined to think that it was a privilege to have the mesmerizing tickle of clouds traveling in and out allowing for better or worse views and leaving this particular feeling of unfinished business.
The crowning achievement of Nature must be the Rio landscape. Its legendary beauty has to be seen to be believed. The problem is - once seen it cannot be believed. The rock formations combined with the sprawling beaches, blessed by the waters of the South Atlantic make a scene never to be forgotten.
- Pros:Perfect blend of Nature and Civilization
- Cons:Security scare, justified or not
- In a nutshell:Best ever natural setting for a city
This is a tip on how to avoid danger!? Just go to Ipanema as you would do anyway but instead of searching for mermaids... more travel advice
If you want to participate in a free and thrilling airplane ride, your trip to Rio from Sao Paulo should be done by... more travel advice
Assenczo's Related Pages
Rio de Janeiro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "RIO DE JANEIRO HAS SECRETS"
- "Welcome to the City of God"
- "Rio de Janeiro - Minha casa / My Home"
- "Rio de Janeiro - My favourite place on earth!"
- "RIO DE JANEIRO - WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!"
- "Imagining Rio"
- "Rio de Janeiro - a work in progress for a while..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rio de Janeiro
- Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
- Transportation in Rio de Janeiro
- Nightlife in Rio de Janeiro
- Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
- Shopping in Rio de Janeiro
- Warnings and Dangers in Rio de Janeiro
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rio de Janeiro
- 9 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Rio de Janeiro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rio de Janeiro
Photos in Rio de JaneiroSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Brunei Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Oslo Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skaftafell Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Cape Town Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Bergen Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos
- Cartagena Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Dominica Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos
- Granada Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (7)
Latest Rio de Janeiro hotel reviews
- Luxor Aeroporto Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Augusto's Copacabana Hotel
- 102 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013
- Praia Lido Hotel
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 26, 2013
- Fasano Hotel
- 253 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Mar Ipanema
- 348 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Merlin Copacabana Hotel
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Orla Copacabana Hotel
- 248 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Savoy Othon
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 31, 2013
- Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel
- 140 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Pousada Arambare
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Ibiza Copacabana Hotel
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013
- Toledo Copacabana Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 30, 2012
- Ipanema Beach House
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- B&B Yaya Rio Hotel
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 25, 2010
- Cama e Cafe
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 10, 2013