"WELCOME TO MY COUNTY TIPPERARY PAGE ......:-)" Top 5 Page for this destination County Tipperary by eden_teuling
County Tipperary Travel Guide: 195 reviews and 584 photos
My red car took me to COUNTY TIPPERARY ...away from the ATLANTIC SHORELINE... to Ireland's largest inland county, located in one of the most LUSH part of the whole country!
It is largely a dairy-farming area and offers tranquil, unspoilt countryside and fresh clean WATERS: a perfect place for walking & fishing holidays!
I am not one for fishing but the more for WALKING, which is the best way to EXPERIENCE a place with all 5 senses we have at our disposal.....
The SILVERMINES and the DEVIL'S BIT mountain provide spectacular drives & walks while River SUIR is noted for its BROWN TROUT.
Along the shores of LOUGH DERG are sweet little villages where it is nice to stay, to meet the locals, to linger a bit before going on.....however much the horizons or mountains urge you to continue....
One of these villages is TERRYGLASS , which was the overall winner of the NATIONAL TIDY TOWN AWARDS for 1997.......I wonder how it will feel living there.....
More info on CAHIR CASTLE in my TIPS....
Does the best milk come from Ireland or....it is from here... CLICK ?
This place is most wonderful, I have to admit that wholeheartedly, but how about this comment on IRELAND : the unique beauty of Ireland's landscape and its rich historic, literary and artistic associations have long made it a favourite resort for travellers......
Encompassing a wealth of NATURAL BEAUTY within its modest dimensions, Ireland boasts a landscape that is as diverse as it is gratifying! Which is true.......I can't stay away from that country.....have to return time and time again!
The scenic grandeur is set off by Ireland's position: being in the path of the prevailing westerly winds of the ATLANTIC and the warming currents of the GULF STREAM , it enjoys an equable climate which gives the country its unique fresh appearance and makes it the best place for lots of sweet MILK MAIDS .....walking at easy here....no need to rush.....
The dairy products are ....YUMYUMYUM...
It is not a WATERFALL ........I could call it a 'FROZEN WATERFALL" and it is one of the surprise you can see when you visit MITCHELSTOWN CAVE...... .
Driving the N 8 I suddenly saw this cave sign posted and always in for a surprise and something unforseen, I decided to visit, left the N 8 and followed the signs.
I was welcomed by a wonderfully friendly lady who also appeared to be my guide..........after waiting till the other guide was back with her little group it was our turn to go down, to go underground ....a few people had joined me so we were a nice little group, all English speaking which made things easier.....
Our guide was cut our for this job , THE woman to make us wonder and feel amazed.....to pull us with her into the joy and excitement she herself felt each time whe went down here..........and that made it so worthwhile and pleasant.....
She really opened a BOOK for us and turned the pages, telling and pointing out every detail, asking questions and answering to our questions......she KNEW everything and did her work with her heart.....
If ever somewhere in TIPPERARY, don't forget to visit MITCHELSTOWN CAVE..... it is most wonderful!
INTERESTED in CAVES??? Visit my SLOVENIA POSTOJNA CAVES..... CLICK HERE..
- Pros:EVERYTHING......JUST EVERYTHING......FOR WHO WANTS TO ENJOY....
- Cons:NONE OR......PERHAPS RAIN......ALTHOUGH....
- In a nutshell:A COUNTY IN A COUNTRY NOT TO BE MISSED, NUMBER 1 IN YOUR WISH-LIST.....
With over 25 years of experience in business, they offer you spacious showrooms, containing Ireland's largest COLLECTION... more travel advice
This is one of the farms OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. The farm is situated in CLONMEL and is called: THE APPLE FARM. It is an... more travel advice
eden_teuling's Related Pages
County Tipperary Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Up Tipp!!!"
- "Tipperary - Tiobraid Arann"
- "WELCOME TO MY COUNTY TIPPERARY PAGE ......:-)"
- "Tipperary - a county with a nice cave and ruins!"
- "The Way to Tipperary"
- "It's a long way to Tipperary"
- See All...
- Things to Do in County Tipperary
- Hotels in County Tipperary
- Transportation in County Tipperary
- Nightlife in County Tipperary
- Restaurants in County Tipperary
- Shopping in County Tipperary
- Warnings and Dangers in County Tipperary
- See All...
Badges & Stats in County Tipperary
- 18 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to County Tipperary?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in County Tipperary
Photos in County TipperarySee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 38 reviews, 347 photos, 22 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 50 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 51 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 59 reviews, 107 photos, 6 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 44 reviews, 111 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 14 reviews, 140 photos, 14 travelogues