"DOBRODOSLI AT MY MOST NA SOCI PAGE......:-)" Most na Soci by eden_teuling
Most na Soci Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 71 photos
As you can see MOST NA SOCI is located on a ridge (!) between the confluence of river SOCA and river INDRIJCA .....sweetly nestled in a fine place....
In the past the river beds, cut deeply into the rocky slopes, provided the settlement with ample protections. No intruders succeeded in entering the settlement.
Now the accumulation lake of river DOBLAR WATER POWER PLANT has filled gorges with water.
Those waters attract both fishermen and other visitors who can stroll along signposted paths....
These walks are not too demanding and the panoramas are most wonderful.
A BIT OF HISTORY: exceptional ARCHEOLOGICAL FINDS make this location one of the most important places in the world as for pre-historic settlements!
So far some 7000 grave sites have been discovered!
Rich finds date from the Bronze Age to the Roman Period, most of them originating from the Iron Age community know as the SVETA LUCIJA CULTURE
These finds are on display in the museums of Vienna, Trieste and Gorizia, but archeologists of the newly founded TOLMIN museum still come up with new stunning finds.
DOWN TO EARTH STUFF:
Slovenian Tourist Board
Tel. +386 1 5891 840
The restored and protected remains of a Roman house are located in Most na Soci.
Walk through the streets and discover how lovely it actually is!
The main feature of this lovely village is the lake. Nice for a boattrip, for fishing, just playing at the banks....
Although artificial, it is the same unique color as the mysterious SOCA.
It creates an atmosphere of peace, silence and softness and offers plenty of opportunities for recreation.
A feature of geological interest are the flat layers of lime-stone at Pod Kljucem.....imagine, how immense the force must have been that came from the core of the earth and knew how to bend ROCKS in such sweet waving ribbons....
Most na Soci is completely surrounded by water and makes me think of my own Island Walcheren here in The Netherlands!
Only is the water here in Most na Soci of a completely different colour, a special sort of green/blue, a mixture I can't find a name for.....
The first time I saw riverwater this colour was river Ljubljanica in Ljubljana city and was amazed!
Sunlight, a blue skie, some snowy white cloud and of course the famous green of Slovenia's trees and bushes make the picture compleet.....
And now....yes, do go to the Tips......
- Pros:A FINE PLACE AND THE STARTINGPOINT OF A SPECIAL TRAIN-TRIP...
- In a nutshell:A FRIENDLY PLACE TO VISIT, PEACEFUL AND HISTORIC....
This hotel has 20 rooms and all in all 46 beds for guests. The rooms have a color television set, a balcony and a... more travel advice
KOSMAC NATURE AND HISTORY TRAIL: This, also marked, footpath leads from Most na Soci past several points of interest to... more travel advice
eden_teuling's Related Pages
Most na Soci Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DOBRODOSLI AT MY MOST NA SOCI PAGE......:-)"
- "Most na Soci"
- "parts of Slovenia"
- "Most na Soči..."
- "VIADUCT OVER THE JDRIJCA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Most na Soci
- Hotels in Most na Soci
- Transportation in Most na Soci
- Restaurants in Most na Soci
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Most na Soci
- 13 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Most na Soci?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Most na Soci
Photos in Most na SociSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 38 reviews, 347 photos, 22 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 50 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 51 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 59 reviews, 107 photos, 6 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 44 reviews, 111 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 14 reviews, 140 photos, 14 travelogues