"DOBRODOSLI TO MY MULJAVA PAGE......:-)" Muljava by eden_teuling
Muljava Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 14 photos
After having drinks at a nice pavement café and visiting the Castle (you know, that who hasn't visited the castle, hasn't seen Ljubljana!) Darja "transported" us quickly and safely to the place where the famous poet / writer Josip Jurcic once lived: MULJAVA.
Before we set out to that house, we decided that it was time to strengthen body and mind with a lunch "al fresco".
Olga and Darja started to talk Slovene and at that moment I was lost.....and just waited to see what they had been talking about with the waitress.
It was very surprising for me, coming from The Netherlands where no one seems to have enough time, not even people whose job is a "servicing" one, to notice how much time they took here e.g. to help us make the right decisions.
But then, talking and having fun made time fly again, the table was set and the dishes, steaming and aromatic smelling were served and it was GREAT.
I have to confess that I learned a lot during my stay: e.g. drinking some wine, eating turkey which I (begetarian!) had never tasted before and enjoying ice-creams....
After the meal, completely satisfied, we walked to Josip Jurcic' place.
I would advice you to go there.
Let me show you some more of it...
what more could one wish for ???
The ice-cream dessert was grandiose: never had a better one there! Although I ate lots of them.....
This is the famous and beloved writer and poet.
Behind the house, that is quietly waiting for visitors in softly rolling landscape, there are 3-4 complete stages where his books / stories, rewritten for stage, are performed.
The audience can sit wherever they want, there are no seat whatsoever but the sloops of thick, soft grass are inviting enough....
It really must be a very pleasant experience to watch a play here on a warm summer's night.......
- Pros:A QUIET AND FINE PLACE, IN WONDERFUL SURROUNDINGS...
- In a nutshell:VERY WORTHWHILE VISITING......
Jurcic House in Muljava is open from March to November from 8AM to noon and from 1PM to 5PM. It is closed on... more travel advice
Not far from Josip Jurcic' place is a timber dwelling, Krjavelj's Hut, which shows what the homes of poor villagers... more travel advice
eden_teuling's Related Pages
Muljava Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Muljava
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Muljava?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Muljava
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 38 reviews, 347 photos, 22 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 50 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 51 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 59 reviews, 107 photos, 6 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 44 reviews, 111 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 14 reviews, 140 photos, 14 travelogues