"WELCOME TO MY ST. PETERSBURG PAGE...... :-)" Saint Petersburg by eden_teuling
Saint Petersburg Travel Guide: 3,614 reviews and 7,797 photos
On the 27th May 2003 this wonderful CITY celebrated its 300 th "BIRTHDAY".....
Tsaar Peter de Grote had very close connections with THE NETHERLANDS where he often came and once stayed for quite some time, to learn how boats had to be built...
The travel agency VOYAGE AND CULTURE and the St. Petersburg's museum THE HERMITAGE have planned to publish a special map that will give us all a clear image of the presence of THE NETHERLANDS in St. Petersburg from the very start of the foundation of the CITY in 1703!
In 1996 our crown-prince Willem-Alexander opened the manifestation "VENSTER OP NEDERLAND" (VIEW ON THE NETHERLANDS) IN THE LARGE HALL of the Museum THE HERMITAGE in St. Petersburg.
It is a pity that I can't scan the special, beautiful map for this page but it is too large!
A lot has been changed lately in St. Petersburg, as I have been able to notice myself....
The Dutch Consulate has moved house to a very nice and representative building in the City centre.....
The is freedom and beauty and after my 2003 holiday I shall write some more, because it is very interesting history....
My scanner doesn't work at the moment but......soon it will work again (I hope!!)
Do visit the FABULOUS CITY on the river NEVA : you will enjoy it!
There is still the TSAAR PETER house in ZAANDAM (THE NETHERLANDS) where he lived while working himself at the wharfs....
He so wanted to change the isolated city (after conquoring Sweden) into a modern WESTERN city (overnight!!) and worked hard himself and succeeded in founding this CITY and make it the CAPITAL.
Celebration Week was in May 2003.
This is the FAMOUS CATHEDRAL OF ST. PETER which was in scaffolding at the time I was there.....such a pity, but....the inside is gorgeous, don't mind the outside.....which btw will be wonderful now.....
I have already visited St. Petersburg when the city was called LENINGRAD......and I am glad it is St. Petersburg again now.........
I have just started this page: a lot of Moscow and St. Petersburg are in my RUSSIA page which you could have a look at......
This page will be under construction especially now the re-launch of VT has started.....
More is to come after that will have happened! So please, visit again......
Don't forget that I love making TRAVELOGUES: the 1st one is already in place.......
- Pros:WONDERFUL BUT POOR TORN APART COUNTRY....
- Cons:YES, YOU HAVE TO TAKE CARE HERE, CRIME IS RIFE....
- In a nutshell:MOST BEAUTIFUL MUSEUMS AND CHURCHES BUT.....
It was quite a disappointment to find the famous CATHEDRAL in scaffolding! Just one golden CUPOLA was visible but... more travel advice
Getting there: by plane, easy and quickly! buses, taxicabs and coaches to make trips! I love this photograph of a real... more travel advice
eden_teuling's Related Pages
Saint Petersburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. Petersburg: a City for all Seasons"
- "St Petersburg : City of Peter the Great"
- "St. Petersburg in Spring"
- "STUNNING ST. PETERSBURG!"
- "St. Petersburg - City of cathedrals and bridges"
- "St Petersburg in Summer"
- "Russian for beginers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Petersburg
- Hotels in Saint Petersburg
- Transportation in Saint Petersburg
- Nightlife in Saint Petersburg
- Restaurants in Saint Petersburg
- Shopping in Saint Petersburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Petersburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Petersburg
- 8 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Saint Petersburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Petersburg
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: moving house and change of..."
- updated a Saint Petersburg Travelogue "FOR THOSE WHO LOVE SHIPS & BOATS......"
- Uploaded a Photo to "WELCOME TO MY ST. PETERSBURG PAGE...... :-)"
- Wrote a Review THE FAMOUS CATHEDRAL......IN SCAFFOLIDING... about Cathedrals and Churches in Saint Petersburg Things to Do
- Commented on one of Canadienne's Saint Petersburg travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 38 reviews, 347 photos, 22 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 50 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 51 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 59 reviews, 107 photos, 6 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 44 reviews, 111 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 14 reviews, 140 photos, 14 travelogues