Amsterdam Shopping Tips by eden_teuling
Amsterdam Shopping: 387 reviews and 544 photos
MARKETS IN AMSTERDAM.....
SECOND HAND GOODS
open: every Monday 8 AM - 1 PM
STAMPS & COINS
(opposite no. 280)
open: every Wednesday and Saturday 1 PM - 4 PM
Noordermarkt / Westerstraat
open: every Monday 8 AM - 1 PM
open: Monday through Saturday 11 AM - 4 PM
open: every Friday 10 AM - 6 PM
open: from March through to early December
Sundays 9 AM - 6 PM
THE INDOOR ONE, ANTIQUES
De Looier Antiques Market
open: daily 11 AM - 5 PM
closed on Friday.........
All these addresses can come in handy.......do enjoy your visit...........
ABOUT MARKETS IN AMSTERDAM....
TO MAKE THINGS EASIER FOR YOU I shall give you a number of places where all sorts of markets are..........
Albert Cuyp Market
open: Monday through Saturday 9 AM - 5 PM.
open: Monday through Saturday
Ten Kate Market
(Ten Katestraat - Klinkerstraat to Jan Evertsenstraat)
open: Tuesday through Saturday 9 AM - 5 PM.
open: Monday through Friday 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturdays 8.30 AM - 5,30 PM.
open: every Saturday 9 AM - 4 PM.
(Singel between Koningsplein and Muntplein)
open: daily 9 AM - 5 PM
closed on Sundays during winter)
(plant and seed market)
open: from Easter to Christmas
Mondays 3 PM - 6 PM
FOR MORE MARKETS SEE NEXT TIP.....
Behind the ROYAL PALACE on the Dam is MAGNA PLAZA , one of the most beautiful buildings in Amsterdam.
Until some years ago this magnificent building housed the MAIN POST OFFICE , but today it is the home of trendy clothing stores an unusual gift and gadget shops.
At the end of the KALVERSTRAAT, near the Munttoren, is the KALVERTOREN %c&%s& - an absolute shoppers' paradise.
The most striking feature of this building is the 100-foot-tall glass tower which provides an extraordinary view of the city center.
Head then to the BIJENKORF (THE BEEHIVE) on the DAM, where shoppers will be delighted to find an extensive range of cosmetics, clothing, shoes, accessories, music, books, toys, furniture, homewares and much, much more....all in one elegant famous store where lots of Dutch people from all over the country love to come for a day......
GREAT ATMOSPHERE HERE....
No, not A shop, I want to talk about shopping areas!
Amsterdam has a new brilliant SHOPPING CENTRE: KALVERTOREN , situated in the KALVERSTRAAT close to the MUNT.
Here you'll find over 30 exclusive stores on 3 floors....
The HIGHLIGHT is an amazing view of the historical innercity of AMSTERDAM from the big tower, constructed from glass and steel in the very centre....
Tired after shopping? Have a drink or treat yourself to a lovely light lunch on a nice terrace or a fine restaurant.
Make your shopping spreee an exciting trip of discovering....
THE KALVERTOREN SHOPPING CENTRE IS OPEN 7 DAYS PER WEEK, on weekdays till 7PM and on Thursdays till 9PM
SHOPPING IN AMSTERDAM....
Five minutes from the LEIDSEPLEIN and next to the famous VONDELPARK you will find the MUSEUMKWARTIER.
Apart from all the MARVELLOUS MUSEUMS the Museumkwartier is also THE place for EXCLUSIVE SHOPPING.
Van Baarlestraat, Beethovenstraat, Hobbemastraat and P.C. Hoofdstraat form the city's center for EXCLUSIVE FASHION , a shopping area where all international fashion labels are represented the same as you will find in Chicago, London, Paris, Milan and Barcelona e.g..
Let yourself be treated or...treat yourself to something VERY SPECIAL....
Phone: 0900 400 40 40
More Reviews (54)
- ARTIS, THE AMSTERDAM ZOO....
- See All KINGFISHER ......
- NIGHTTIME IN A MUSEUM.....
- MEETING AMSTERDAM MARCH 13th 2004
eden_teuling's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "dila's new Amsterdam Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Explore the World
- Dolceacqua Hotels
- Kendal Hotels
- Brandon Hotels
- Tonroe Hotels
- Thimphu Dzongkhag
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 59 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 91 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (107)
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 38 reviews, 347 photos, 22 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 50 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 51 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 59 reviews, 107 photos, 6 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 44 reviews, 111 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 14 reviews, 140 photos, 14 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (94)
Latest Amsterdam hotel reviews
- Hotel Residence Le Coin
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Hotel Hestia
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 2, 2013
- Amsterdam Hotelboat
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 27, 2013
- Tulip of Amsterdam B&B
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 5, 2013
- Amsterdam House Hotel Eureka
- 143 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Home & Away Apartments
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 29, 2012
- Maas Hotel Amsterdam
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 28, 2012
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- Hotel Tamara
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 1, 2013
- Shelter Jordan
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 27, 2013
- Sfinx Apartments
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Camping Zeeburg
- 136 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Trianon Hotel Amsterdam
- 147 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2013
- Boogaard's Bed and Breakfast
- 602 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Colette's Family Homes Bed and Breakfast
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 29, 2013
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 127 Reviews, 151 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 230 Reviews, 238 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 177 Reviews, 288 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 208 Reviews, 342 Photos
- Sex Museum- 45 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 98 Reviews, 139 Photos
- Dam Square- 89 Reviews, 162 Photos
- Coffee Shops- 123 Reviews, 132 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 65 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 158 Reviews, 170 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do