"WELCOME TO MY RITTHEM PAGE......:-)" Ritthem by eden_teuling
Ritthem Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 17 photos
Today, Saturday 23 August there was SJEZENRINGRIJDEN in the sweet little village of RITTHEM......
Of course I went there to make a lovely new photo-reportage for you all!
This was again such a special thing, as special as this heat-wave summer in Zeeland this year that seems to be endless....... till in a mantle of mist AUTUMN will creep in......
Oh, how lost I shall feel when one day this SUMMER will come to an end and will leave us......
But this Saturday the traditional costumes, the gigs and the horses as well as the fantastic bouquets that adorned the gigs where such a pleasure to see, really something that made me very happy.
The atmosphere was great and the competitors did their utmost.....
See that lovely costume of each member of this real Zeeuws family.....so proud they are of these pricesless heirlooms, gold and lacework, hats and lace bonnets!!
MUCH MORE IS TO COME......go on exploring MY ZEELAND....
Hey, how about this blonde, blue-eyed Zeeuwse?
Couldn't she easily be THE MISS WORLD ??
No glamour, bathing suit / bikini, no high-heels but PURE beauty from ZEELAND.
The white froth around her head is de ZEEUWSE KAP, the "CURLS" hanging from her temples are GOLD CURLS .......and how about the coral nacklace with the wonderful gold CLASP??
Yes, for me, she is IT.
The man has to make sure that the horse is galopping and...in the right direction.
The woman carries the lance, a very long sharp lance with a metal point , and she has to try to pick the ring from the rope that is over the street in between two poles....
Both of them are in national costume and their gig has most wonderful bouquets!
Look at the nice legs of this horse....later on I got the opportunity to make a close-up which photo will appear here soon.......
This tradition/sport is such a joy to see.......
The jury also gives points for the way the horse and gig are decorated and adorned and how man, woman and often 1-2 children are looking......how fine their traditional clothes are.
Now PLEASE GO TO THE TIPS.....and TRAVELOGUES...
- Pros:A SWEET LITTLE VILLAGE WHERE LIFE IS GOOD....
- Cons:NONE AT ALL.....
- In a nutshell:DO TRY TO VISIT DURING YOUR STAY IN THE NETHERLANDS, VVV CAN GIVE ALL INFO YOU NEED.....
One of our specialities is the BOLUS. Every Baker's sells them by the dozens each and every day. It is sort of bread,... more travel advice
DREISCHOR is a very characteristic little village where life is still good....... It has the NEDERLANDS HERVORMDE... more travel advice
eden_teuling's Related Pages
Ritthem Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Ritthem
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Ritthem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ritthem
Photos in RitthemSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 38 reviews, 347 photos, 22 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 50 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 51 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 59 reviews, 107 photos, 6 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 44 reviews, 111 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 14 reviews, 140 photos, 14 travelogues