"WELCOME TO MY TEXEL PAGE ......:-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Texel by eden_teuling
Texel Travel Guide: 194 reviews and 495 photos
To reach TEXEL, one of our WADDEN ISLANDS ( we have 5 accessible WADDEN EILANDEN and 1 inaccessible one ) you have to board this FERRY for the 25 minute ride from DEN HELDER.
DEN HELDER is a lovely town in the most northerly part of the province of NOORD-HOLLAND, one of the 12 provinces we have .
It is a lovely place to discover the ISLAND FEELING , to see SEALS, to visit the 7 LOVELY villages, each with their own attractiveness....and attractions..
It is an island to enjoy the sun at one of the sandy beaches, to walk THE SLUFTER , a wonder of NATURE....
and last but not least : there is the famous PARACENTRUM TEXEL where you can go for (courses of) SKYDIVING .....more info about that in the tips.
I went there myself and can assure you that it is a GREAT SPORT , jumping out of a plane and see the island of Texel underneath you, with the surrounding sea, the villages, the sheep, the farms......and once you have landed you want to go back into the air to jump again and again......
And here I GO AGAIN....
There is a very nice, atmospheric PARACENTRUM and for who is IN for excitement, pleasure, the company of SOULMATES, good friends: this is THE place to go...
For MORE INFO SEE TIP & TRAVELOGUE and/or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Although I am very enthusiastic about SKYDIVING, I have to let you know that there is soooo much more to Texel than that JUMPING OUT OF PLANES....
The beaches e.g. and the wonderful villages and....all you can do there to have a wonderful holiday.
A few SUGGESTIONS :
***rent a bike: there are 125 km. of special touristic cycle paths and at the Tourist Office they have special ROUTES for you to cycle: ask them!
***buy a Texel Museum Ticket which will allow you access to 5 museums, ask at the Tiourist Office where they sell them!
***get to know Real Texel Products, buy a PRODUCTS PACKAGE and you wil get to know: special drinks, cheese, cake, fish products, lamb meat and sheep milk soap and the well known WOOLLEN DUVETS and more...
***a THEATRE PACKAGE...
***a KIDS PACKAGE...
***a NATURALLY TEXEL PACKAGE...
***a GOLF PACKAGE...
***even outside the summer months Texel has a lot to offer. How about a walk along the beach on a blustery day? Forget your daily care, breathe the seawind into your lungs, let it play with your hair and let this all be followed with a warming drink in a cosy beach pavollion....a nice off-season-PACKAGE...
By now you must already be WANTING TO GO TEXEL....
VVV = TOURIST OFFICE address:
postal address: postbus 3 1790 AA Den Burg Texel
visiting address: Emmalaan 66 1791 AV Den Burg Texel
Telephone: ++31 (0) 222 31 28 47
email: via www.texel.net
- Pros:A WONDERFUL PLACE FOR THOSE WHO WANT TRANQUILITY AND REST AND...LOVE SKYDIVING BECAUSE THIS IS THE PLACE FOR IT!!
- Cons:NO CONS....
- In a nutshell:A FINE PLACE TO GO.....
There are 16.000 sheep on TEXEL, farmers ' sheppards keep them fot the lambs' meat, the fleece and the skin. Motoring,... more travel advice
An exciting boat ride of about 2 hours on THE WADDENZEE. Because of the fact that the ship have little draught you will... more travel advice
eden_teuling's Related Pages
Texel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Texel, where the wind always blows."
- "Sun, sea and sheep!"
- "Texel, seven villages and more …."
- "WELCOME TO MY TEXEL PAGE ......:-)"
- "Sheep, shrimp, seagulls, shores, sea, and scenery"
- "Texel : the nature and bike lovers paradise!"
- "Holland in miniature"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Texel
- Hotels in Texel
- Transportation in Texel
- Nightlife in Texel
- Restaurants in Texel
- Shopping in Texel
- Warnings and Dangers in Texel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Texel
- 30 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Texel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Texel
Photos in TexelSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 38 reviews, 347 photos, 22 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 50 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 51 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 59 reviews, 107 photos, 6 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 44 reviews, 111 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 14 reviews, 140 photos, 14 travelogues