"WELCOME TO MY DINGLE PAGE ......:-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Dingle by eden_teuling
Dingle Travel Guide: 202 reviews and 528 photos
From THE CLIFFS OF MOHER southwards along the coast to DINGLE.
I drove via Liscannor southwards to Kilkee and Kilrush.
At Killimer I had to take the ferry to cross THE SHANNON and again the day was so rainy, cold and windy!
The photos I took show the raindrops on the lense and I simply had to buy some postcards that show that there too, the skies can be blue, the sun can shine and the days can be bright!
Via Talbert I drove to Listowel and Tralee, then to Gamp and via Kilcummin and Connor Pass to DINGLE........ that really was enough for that day! Can't tell you how many times the wipers went from right to left in front of my eyes.........but it must have been thousands of times!!
But I mustn't forget that this is unpredictable IRELAND.......
That specific day it seemed as if the sun never would come to brighten my day......
Of course I could leave out these photos but they make it clear that weather conditions in IRELAND are changeable and unpredictable : always have your rain gear at hand and don't let yourself be surprised!!
This bright scene to show you HOW DINGLE can be but wasn't for me this year!
The Islands & pensinsulas in the west & southwest are the most wonderful areas of Ireland , as for vegetation and landscapes...
The blue Atlantic, the greengreen fields & meadows and.....the atmosphere! so typically Irish and especially at DINGLE the largest area where GAELTACHT still is spoken.
Lots of pubs have live music during the evenings, in Dingle city, Leap & Klonakilty! Such atmospheric places....
Thanks to the GULFSTREAM the winters are mild, it never is below zero although extremely heavy storm are a plague, a pest!
But the gardens are splendid and exotic, flora and fauna are rich in varieties....
Imagine: hedgerows of fuchsias.......breathtaking they are!
STRAWBERRY TREES IN IVERAGH, a fairy tale!
In shallow lakes waterlilies galore....
And the birds ...these wise animals have chosen this south west point of Ireland as a place to rest and feed before trekking on....
And niw I also have to continue my trip.......please follow me through the tips & travelogues and don't let yourself be discouraged: it CAN be wonderfully nice weather in IRELAND......I just had bad luck!
- Pros:ALOVELY TRIP ALONG THE COAST AND THE TOWNS & VILLAGES I VISITED WHERE GREAT!
- Cons:NONE....or???? THE RAIN PERHAPS....
- In a nutshell:A WONDERFUL TRIP......
This is a "must see" for each visitor to KERRY. Kerry the Kindom is comprised of 3 superb attractions in one and is... more travel advice
This little map shows you IRELAND and NORTHERN IRELAND which is part of the United Kingdom....... These tips here are... more travel advice
eden_teuling's Related Pages
Dingle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of my favorite areas in Ireland"
- "Dingle Town, Co. Kerry"
- "A Slice of Authenticity"
- "WELCOME TO MY DINGLE PAGE ......:-)"
- "Blaming the dolphin..."
- "The Dingle Peninsula"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dingle
- Hotels in Dingle
- Transportation in Dingle
- Nightlife in Dingle
- Restaurants in Dingle
- Shopping in Dingle
- Warnings and Dangers in Dingle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dingle
- 13 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (49)
Have you been to Dingle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dingle
Photos in DingleSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 38 reviews, 347 photos, 22 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 70 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 74 reviews, 105 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 50 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 51 reviews, 123 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 59 reviews, 107 photos, 6 travelogues
- Rotterdam Intro, 53 reviews, 109 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 56 reviews, 100 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 44 reviews, 111 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 14 reviews, 140 photos, 14 travelogues